Cumberland sausage

nanadacruz

Registered
Hi guys how are you? Does anybody knows where i can get in BA any cumberland sausage or anything really close to it?. Chorizo is not the same.
thanksss

Hi guys how are you? Does anybody knows where i can get in BA any cumberland sausage or anything really close to it?. Chorizo is not the same.
thanksss
Back in England I make my own. I have a mincer, a sausage stuffer and buy the casings on eBay. I've never tried to buy casings in Argentina but I bet Mercadolibre would have them. The great thing about sausages is that you don't actually need any special equipment but can adapt your style to what you've got. Coarsely chopped skinless sausage squares, cooked like hamburger patties won't taste the same as finely minced pork in natural hog casings but - hey - start where you are.

Chop or mince (or get your butcher to mince) 1kg of reasonably fatty pork. Shoulder is good but if it isn't fatty enough, throw in a little pork belly. You don't need to add any filler but if you like that kind of thing chuck in, according to taste, 150-300gms shredded fresh white breadcrumbs. Then for the Cumberland recipe it's 4 teaspoons of salt, half a teaspoon each of sage, rosemary, thyme and white pepper, a quarter teaspoon of nutmeg and a pinch of cayenne pepper.

Mix it all together then go turn on the grill.....

Back