Current Dental Prices

Just got an estimate ("presupuesto") for my next root canal: $17,500 pesos. At current blue rate, US$82. Just as I remembered.

Got indignant - phoned my 20,000-pesos-amalgam dentist's office to complain, and am now waiting for him to call back.
I never did root canal or anything complicated. My dentist (not in capital federal and not english speaking) charged 4000 last time for white filing and it is the best dentist in town and has office in pleno centro

PS why you mention rates? just pay pesos. Never ever mention to anybody US $, echange rates etc or you are asking to be gringo priced.

Last edited:
Is there some advantage to amalgam?
I never did amalgam, but my arg dentist was proposing to do it on my wisdom tooth, those filings are forever,will never need to re-do it. But I skipped as I don`t like the visual side of it(obviously) even no one will see

I go to the dentist this week for a checkup/cleaning. I've got a pre-paga so I'm curious to see how much it's going to cost, I looked up the clinic on google, reviews were pretty good.

I go to the dentist this week for a checkup/cleaning. I've got a pre-paga so I'm curious to see how much it's going to cost, I looked up the clinic on google, reviews were pretty good.
What do you mean you are curious? The clinic is supposed to tell you the price upfront. If they don't work with your insurance provider, you are paying the full price. If they do and your insurance covers one cleaning in, say, 6 month, then you don't pay anything.

Check providers network booklet of your prepaga.

Back