Custom mens shoes

iggysnacks

Registered
Hello everyone!

After these dark days of quarantine, I'm hoping to get some boots made from the famous argentine leather. I'd like some in the style of blundstones, a brand i've become oh-so loyal to over the years. Unfortunately, they're terribly difficult to get ahold of here! Has anyone had experience getting mens shoes or boots made here? Was it a positive one? what'd the price run you? What was the turn around? I'm a recent expat and my spanish is still mediocre - should i bring a friend? I'd also love to hear about any experience with leather jackets.

Check these places:

between us, my family has at least a half dozen pairs of shoes from Correa. They are well made, and a bargain for the quality. But they are a third generation family business, and they make what they make- they know what designs work for them, and what they can do well. So they may not want to make exactly what you want- but they do make a range of boots, from low to very high. My advice is go to the Mario Bravo store, try on a bunch of different shoes, and talk to them about what you like, then, trust them. Dont expect to get blundstones. Instead, you will get Correas.

Check these places:

Tosone are custom made?

Check these places:

Tosone are custom made?

Also, Tacones Lejanos on Defensa in San Telmo has a line of great ready to wear shoes, made, of course, from Argentine leather, including some boots similar to, but not exactly like, blundstones. I have maybe 10 pairs of shoes from this store, going back 12 years, and I am a tough user of everything I own, and they hold up well. The agua patagona brand are excellent shoes. If I cant destroy them after years of use, nobody can.

Does Tosone make mens shoes? it doesnt look like it on their website. Womens shoes only, and very few boots, and usually the boots are high heeled. Also- custom made is different from hecho a mano. Custom made is when they make a pair just for you. Two levels of custom made exist- the cheaper level, they make a shoe that fits you off an existing last (the carved wooden form), usually in an existing design, but you can specify color, and often, type of leather. The more expensive ones they actually measure your foot, make a last just for you that is exactly your foot, then make your shoes from that.
Correa does all three- off the shelf, made to order in standard styles, or they will make a last of your foot and make a completely custom shoe. Prices, of course, rise with each level.

But, in England, John Lobb shoes are now around $3000 and up for hand made but off the rack, and range upwards of $5000 for actual custom made. Most shoes in Argentina are at most ten percent of that, for the highest quality. Boots, of course, can cost more than shoes.
Another place to look at off the rack, but high quality, boots, is Arandu, with several stores in town. https://arandu.com.ar/en/catalogo/men/

Last edited:
Not sure if Tosone makes mens shoes. I thought they did. Ponzo and Correa make, for sure.

Back