Customs Fyi

TomAtAlki

Registered
I just received, in the mail, delivered to my house, a music CD. The sender paid $6.55 and sent it from Little Rock Arkansas. He put a customs form on the back and claimed the worth is $6.00. I feel like this is my lucky day.

Also a free plug for Oxford American Magazine. The CD comes with their Southern Music Issue. I bought the electronic version of the (fabulous) magazine and call and talked to them and they sent me the CD. If you buy the magazine, I'll give you a copy of the CD. I have no financial interest in the magazine.

http://www.oxfordamerican.org

T/

ajoknoblauch

Registered
I just received, in the mail, delivered to my house, a music CD. The sender paid $6.55 and sent it from Little Rock Arkansas. He put a customs form on the back and claimed the worth is $6.00. I feel like this is my lucky day.

Also a free plug for Oxford American Magazine. The CD comes with their Southern Music Issue. I bought the electronic version of the (fabulous) magazine and call and talked to them and they sent me the CD. If you buy the magazine, I'll give you a copy of the CD. I have no financial interest in the magazine.

T/

The quality of Texas music is inversely correlated with its politics.

wineguy999

Registered

T/

Thanks for that. I check out the magazine, click on an article, and there I am in a photo.

Damn, I'm old.

Redbeanz

Registered
We have subscribed for several years. Great creative writing, and the music issue is the BEST.

lucha54

Registered
I thought that customs allows you 1 package for $25 declared or less per year... had you received any packages to your door before this? Also, small envelope sized items usually get through without going to Retiro.

Crema Americana

Registered
I checked out the magazine, clicked on an article, and saw wineguy in a photo.

5ab529a5ebdeee2caf2312423d91adb3_XL.jpg

wineguy999

Registered
Who are you Wineguy?

T/

Nobody important, but in the article She's About a Mover, I'm in the Sex Pistols at Randy's Rodeo photo - just to the left of center, in between the two people with hats.

It was incredible to read the magazine and check out the photos, though. I was playing music in Austin/San Antonio/Fredericksburg off and on for years, and was fortunate enough to rub elbows with many of those characters.