Daily Url, Apr 29

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tuesday, 28 April

Swine Flu: Argentina Suspends Mexico Flights[The Argentine Post]
Argentina on Tuesday suspended flights to and from Mexico in a bid to prevent swine flu from spreading to Argentina ...

Mataderos[The Life Less Travelled]
Last weekend I went to the barrio (neighborhood) of Mataderos to check out their Sunday market.By colectivo (public bus) the market is about an hour out of the centre of Buenos Aires – right on the ci...

Double Standards[SaltShaker]
The “double speak” in tourism material, in a country as new and immature as Argentina is to tourism, is lamentably common, much like the “double price” (for foreigners versus locals) that many...

Africa en Buenos Aires[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
You've seen them around Buenos Aires--where they stand out because of the surprising lack of black Argentines--and you've wondered about the who/how/when/why. Happily, last weekend's La Nación d...

Che's Afterlife[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
I enjoy watching the birth of a book. I first heard that Michael Casey, the Dow Jones bureau chief in Buenos Aires, was taking a book leave via mutual friends a couple of years ago. Then he was ba...

Daily Pic 141 : El Ateneo on Santa Fe[The Silver River - Buenos Aires Daily]
This used to be a theatre and as such is one hell of a bookstore. It's remarkable.

Buenos Aires, its Hotels and architecture[Places to visit in Argentina]
I sometimes find Buenos Aires architecture hypnotic, Buenos Aires is a cosmopolitan city, full of life and places to go, but its architecture is fantastic, and some of the greatest build...

The Pirate Bay considers moving to Argentina[Ars Technica]
Carl Lundström, one of the four defendants in The Pirate Bay trial, contacted an Argentinean lawyer with the aim of ascertaining the cost of establishing the operation as a company in Argentina.

Argentina priests in drug protest [BBC]
Hundreds of priests in Argentina have highlighted their concern after two of their number received death threats.

Argentine Ruling Party Issues Pre-Election Warning [javno.com]
"If Cristina doesn't have a majority in Congress, we'll return to the crisis of 2001, to poverty and unemployment. This will explode," Kirchner told a gymnasium full of supporters ...

Argentina to Plant Smallest Wheat Crop on Record[Bloomberg]
Argentina will plant the smallest wheat crop on record because of drought and export restrictions...That would be the smallest since the exchange began recording such data in 1910.

Monday, 27 April

New Survey Indicates Crime Rising Rapidly[The Argentine Post]
Torcuarto Di Tella University has just come out with its latest crime “victimization rate” survey and the results are not encouraging. The study, which surveys households in 40 urban centers around......

Feria del Libro[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
The Feria del Libro currently taking place at La Rural is the biggest book fair in Latin America and one of the year's major cultural events in Buenos Aires. A lot of the publishing houses have bi...

“Qué Te Pasa, Clarin” Goes Online[The Argentine Post]
For those of you who follow local politics and media, the speculation that the Kirchners and Clarín, Argentina’s leading newspaper, are in an all out battle will come as no surprise. The truth.....

The Importance of Wilderness[In search of Macondo]
Bleary eyes open as a sleepy bus grinds to a halt. Peering between the cheap red curtains, a dark expanse of nothingness is revealed; dusty shrubs illuminated by a few hundred stars. Yet the door sli...

Actress Confirms Candidacy for Kirchner’s Alliance[The Argentimes]
Argentine actress and singer, Nacha Guevara, will stand for election to Congress on the same ticket as himself and former president, Néstor Kirchner.

Museo Fotografico Simik[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
The Museo Fotografico Simik is inside of a bar in Chacarita. They have a neat collection of antique cameras. Downstairs they have a lab and offer classes.

Sunday, 26 April

One Third Of Argentine Doctors, Nurses Smoke[The Argentine Post]
Around 36% of Argentine doctors and nurses smoke, according to a report released last month by the American Cancer Society and the World Lung Foundation. That makes the percentage of healthcare...

Being Green in Argentina[Romancing Argentina]
"Verde que te quiero verde." "Green, I want you green," wrote Federico Garcia Lorca, possibly the most noted Spanish poet, in his poem Romance Somnambulo . I want things green too. So all...

Friday, 24 April

Argentina Increases Fee for Overstaying Tourist Visa[Discover Buenos Aires]
Without much fanfare, it appears that the Argentine government has increased the fee for overstaying your tourist visa from $50 pesos to $300 pesos for non-Mercosur residents and to $100 pesos for ...

AdSense millionaire[DuoBlogger]
Matt titles himself “International man” as he is traveling around the world frequently. “My headquarters are in Buenos Aires, nonetheless, I work from all around the world”.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back