Daily Url - April 14

webteam

Administrator
Sunday, 14 April 2013

Bar Sur Tango Show[The Gill Family]
"Have you and Jon started tango lessons?" is one of the most asked questions we get - especially from visitors. The answer is that we have not, and really don't intend to - it's just not our scene....

Friday, 12 April 2013

Tartan Day Celebration on Avenida de Mayo[BA Travel Guide]
In an event organized by the Scottish Argentine Society and the City of Buenos Aires, the the Scottish community in Argentina will be celebrated on Saturday, April 13th, 2013 with a parade...

Government Launches Plan for Low-Cost Clothing Line[The Argentina Independent]
Commerce Secretary Guillermo Moreno is about to launch a new public programme called Ropa para Todos, aiming to make clothes more affordable in Argentina.

BAFICI: Pick Your Title[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by bredgur) With over 400 films being screened, and many by lesser-known talents, it’s often difficult to know what to buy tickets for at the BAFICI independent film festival. This year’s...

BAFICI Picks: Ramón Ayala[The Argentina Independent]
Film writer Wendy Gosselin is at this year's BAFICI film festival, and brings you short reviews of some of the better films she finds. First up: Marcos López's 'Ramón Ayala'.

All Aboard the ARA Presidente Sarmiento[The Argentina Independent]
George Nelson says a visit to the historic ARA President Sarmiento frigate, now a floating museum in Puerto Madero, provides an interesting opportunity to view life from a mariner’s point of view.

Little Trees and Soft Voices[SaltShaker]
I’m always up for good pasta, it’s easily my favorite food in the world when made right, cooked right, and sauced right. So along with searches for pizza along bus routes and heaping platters of...

Interview with director of film “Door of Iron”: explores the exile of the leader and his personal life[Filming in Argentina]
by Marfa Nekrasova, contributing blogger Puerta de Hierro: El exilio de Perón (The Door of Iron: Peron’s Exile) follows 17 years of the legendary president Juan Perón, already without Eva, without...

Thursday, 11 April 2013

THEIC and Fitz paint new mural in San Telmo[BA Street Art]
THEIC and Fitz were in Buenos Aires last week and have painted a cool new mural called ‘Latin Power’ in San Telmo. El Poder Latino (Latin Power) The new intervention includes a dustbin that has been...

Buenos Aires Food Week and Spanish Gastronomy Week[BA Travel Guide]
Two simultaneous gastronomic events will be taking place in Buenos Aires on the week of April 15 - April 21, 2013. Buenos Aires Food Week, a new annual event in which 25 of the best restaurants in...

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Daniel Tunnard – The Brit on the Buses[Gringo Starr]
I came across Daniel Tunnard’s blog Colectivaizeishon a few weeks ago and was instantly taken with his idea of catching every one of the 141 bus lines in Buenos Aires and writing about it. As a...

Foto of the Week — Community Helps La Plata Flood Victims[Wander Argentina]
In a refreshing show of non-partisan solidarity, community members gathered at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Buenos Aires last weekend to sort donations for victims of recent flooding. In an unusual...

Buenos Aires International Independent Film Festival 2013[Buenos Aires 4U]
Today marks the beginning of the 10th edition of Buenos Aires Independent film festival, which will be held from April 10th to the 21st, 2013. BAFICI (Buenos Aires Festival Internacional De Cine...

Organic Street Market in Belgrano[BA Travel Guide]
The main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, on Saturday, April 13, and Sunday, April 14, 2013, from 10am to 6pm, with free access...

Re-Enter the Tigre[SaltShaker]
It’s been awhile since I spent a day up in Tigre and the last time was on a Monday and we found that all the museums that we wanted to drop in on were closed – should have thought of that in advance,...

LGBT: Marital Freedom For All[Buenos Aires News]
Here in Argentina, virtually everything may be going down the tubes, but there has been no need to go through all the agonizing to which you gringos are subjecting yourselves over homosexual...

Tuesday, 09 April 2013

Buenos Aires Food Week[Buenos Aires Foodies]
Don’t miss the first ever Buenos Aires Food Week! To be held from April 15th through 21st, all meals will include 3 courses and cost $99 for lunch or $169 for dinner. This is a great way to try...

Adriana Varejao at the MALBA[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by sapiamaia) Adriana Varejao is one of the best-known Brazilian artists of her generation. Her works deal with themes regarding art and religious history, Brazilian history and colonialism,...

Monday, 08 April 2013

Palermo’s Favorite Art Gallery: Linda Neilson’s Mar Dulce[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Interview and photos by Sharon Salt. It all started when Linda Neilson tried to buy prints for her baby’s nursery here in Buenos Aires. To her …

Patxi Mazzoni Alonso interview – Patxi’s punks[BA Street Art]
Stunning murals of brightly coloured punks and beautiful female figures made out of geometric shapes have become a common sight on the streets of Buenos Aires. They are the creations of Argentine...

Friday, 05 April 2013

Rock Music in Argentina[BuenosTours]
While Tango is unequivocally the most famous Argentine music, national rock and roll has a lively history, and is beloved across generations. Find out what's pumping on the radio across Buenos Aires!

What I’ve been Eating | Dada + Doppelganger | The Lost Asian[The Lost Asian]
Something deliciousness that I’ve been eating this past week. Enjoy Dada, the cutest bistro in Centro has the dish that all mankind needs to eat. Fried sorrentinos filled with melted cheese lathering...

2013 BAFICI (Buenos Aires International Independent Film Festival): What to see and Where to see it[Filming in Argentina]
Want to check out the 2013 BAFICI (April 10th to April 21st)? Blogger Benjamin Harguindey tells you what´s hot, what´s already sold out and even how to buy tickets to the most popular film festival...

Thursday, 04 April 2013

Too Much of a Good Thing: Brunch at Hierbabuena[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Review and Photos by Sharon Salt. Hierbabuena has a brunch. Hierbabuena, my favorite restaurant in all of Buenos Aires, maybe ever, has a brunch. Unfortunately, I …

Mozarteum Argentino 2013 Concert Season[BA Travel Guide]
Mozarteum Argentino, the private non-profit musical institution created in 1952, and one of the most important of its kind in Argentina, presents its program of concerts for the 2013 season. The...

Kate Nash – Niceto Club, May 6, 2013[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in Kate Nash is the first confirmed headliner for the Beldent Music Festival.The post Kate Nash – Niceto Club, May 6, 2013 appeared first on Discover Buenos Aires.Related posts:The Cure...

Coffee? Trust the immigrants![The 5th Floor]
A common theme in the UK is the “problem” of immigration. Here I live in a city that is almost entirely immigrant. I know few families that can trace their Argentine roots back more than two or three...

Wednesday, 03 April 2013

La Bomba de Tiempo[BuenosTours]
Innovative 17-man percussion outfit La Bomba de Tiempo attracts an eclectic crowd at the Konex, their Abasto venue, every Monday night. Grab a beer and boogie in the open air to the beat of the drums

History of the Growth of Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
Buenos Aires is a city made up of an eclectic mix of architecture and city planning. However it’s not only the physical urban landscape that makes it so unique, it’s also the diverse mix of people....

It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time![Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in FoodLivingMany an expat’s lament about living in Argentina is missing the things from home. One of the things at the top of that list for American expats has been peanut butter. Check any...

Monday, 01 April 2013

The Tax Man Runneth[Buenos Aires News]
For you gringos, who are about send the IRS your annual pound of flesh, here is a heartwarming, uplifting story from Argentina, where sometimes all the bribery and corruption are set aside in favor...

Thursday, 28 March 2013

buenos aires: monumento a colón[Line of Sight]
No denying it: I have a certain fondness for this piece of sculpture. Columbus was the subject of some of my first digital photos in 2002, he often wowed tourists when I began guiding locally ten...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back