Daily Url - April 17

webteam

Administrator
Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Argentine Food Trucks[Buenos Aires Foodies]
Don’t miss this great article in Brando Magazine about the recent food truck craze in BA sponsored by the Asociacion Argentina de Food Trucks. Here are a few featured in this article and more:...

Easter 2014: Stations of the Cross on Avenida de Mayo[BA Travel Guide]
The Buenos Aires Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross), organized by the Association of Friends of Avenida de Mayo, that for the past 10 years had been led by now Pope Francis, will be held on Good...

Gallery Nights April 2014[BA Travel Guide]
Gallery Nights is the original circuit for art lovers around more than 60 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural centers, organized by the art magazine Arte al Día, AdnCultura (La Nacion...

Monday, 14 April 2014

That’s A Wrap: A Grand Finale to the 16th BAFICI[The Argentina Independent]
BAFICI 2014 wrapped yesterday. Film writer Wendy Gosselin reflects on this year's festival, picking some of the 16th edition's highlights, and which films to look out for in the coming months. The...

Greenpeace vs Vitamina Argentina[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in RandomnessSeems that Vitamina plans to destroy more than 14,000 acres of forests in Salta, Argentina and Greenpeace is on a mission to stop it. They have posted a viral video stunt that...

This Week April 14-20[Inside Buenos Aires]
Monday It’s Día del Gourmet (Gourmet Day) today so we’d encourage you to take advantage of the final day of BA Food Week and drop by Hernán Gipponi Restaurant for dinner. Instead of the usual One...

The Winners of BAFICI Film Festival 2014 are announced![Filming in Argentina]
By contributing blogger Benjamín Harguindey The 16th Buenos Aires International Independent Film Festival (BAFICI) was given official closure this Saturday 12th in the Centro Cultural Recoleta at...

Sunday, 13 April 2014

Of Potato Pies, Burritos and Panchos[SaltShaker]
I completely missed one dish in yesterday’s post. One of Henry’s favorite Argentine dishes is pastel de papas norteño, which is essentially an Argentine adaptation of a shepherd’s pie. Since we’ve...

Thursday, 10 April 2014

Silly Symbolism? Argentina's New Banknote et al.[Southern Cone Travel]
Not so long ago, I remarked that Argentinaneeds to create new banknotes because the country’s galloping inflation hadmade dealing with cash so unwieldy – with the largest denomination at 100...

I Only Fly Business Class[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in TravelThat title might seem like an especially snobby statement, but allow me a minute to explain… I travel from Buenos Aires to the United States at least three times a year. Two of those...

Monday, 07 April 2014

Editorial: On Lynchings, The Media, and Missed Opportunities[The Argentina Independent]
Marc Rogers looks back at the reactions to the wave of lynchings that gripped the country over the last week.The post Editorial: On Lynchings, The Media, and Missed Opportunities appeared first on...

Sunday, 06 April 2014

Mozarteum Argentino 2014 Concert Season[BA Travel Guide]
Mozarteum Argentino, the private non-profit musical institution created in 1952, and one of the most important of its kind in Argentina, presents its program of extraordinary concerts for the 2014...

Friday, 04 April 2014

My Letter to My Son on His 1st Birthday[Vagrant Violet]
April 4, 2014 Dear Sebastian, I can’t believe that it’s already been an entire year since the day you were born… and what a year it has been! This has been a year of many firsts for you – sitting...

Thursday, 03 April 2014

Ruminations on Year 1 of Parenting in Argentina[Expat Argentina]
So as many of you know, I have lived here since 2004, which means I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary here. Wow. I feel old. Yeah I said it. Those of you who know me who are older than me can...

Aurora: Just Don’t Call it Burning Argentina[The Argentina Independent]
Over four days last month, a group of people gathered on a field 200km outside of Buenos Aires and launched the first Burning Man-style event in Argentina. Jeff Herzbach was there to live the...

Guest Blogger: Day in the Life of Personal Shopper Sophie Lloyd[Inside Buenos Aires]
For me, the perfect day off consists of my three favourite things: shopping, eating and exercise. Even though I like to indulge in a bit of Buenos Aires’ nightlife, I’m not one for sleeping in late...

Wednesday, 02 April 2014

The Horse Tracks[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]

Editorial: Argentina’s Unsustainable Path[The Argentina Independent]
The IPCC report, released Monday, made waves around the world. Kristie Robinson analyses the Argentine government and media's lack of response, and looks at the country's environmental legacy. The...

Villa Epecuen[Gringo Starr]
I’d heard about Villa Epecuen a while ago, firstly through a photo essay, and then my friend Stephen Phelan visited and it jumped to the top of my must-visit places in Argentina. Last week 4 of us...

Thursday, 27 March 2014

Staying Creative in Buenos Aires; What’s On the Agenda.[Expat Argentina]
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so enough of this staying beautiful/staying fit malarkey, how about some activity for our rusty cogs? Of course, each individual wants to stimulate their grey...

Guest Blogger: Gisela Giunti’s Favorite Bookstores[Inside Buenos Aires]
A cup of coffee and a good read, that’s it. Good reads wake me up and make me happy! That’s why there is no chance I’d skip a nice book shop plus coffee shop anywhere in the city, and that’s why...

Tuesday, 25 March 2014

The New Argentine Bistro: Aramburu Bis[Pick Up The Fork]
The food scene in Buenos Aires may be changing, growing, and diversifying, but it’s still rare for a restaurant to spring up that truly excites with an original concept, while also waving the...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back