Daily Url - Aug 21St

webteam

Administrator
Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Argentine Talents: Walter Malosetti[Inside Buenos Aires]
Walter Malosetti was one of the greatest jazz composers and guitarists of the country. The musician, who recently passed away in July, was born in Córdoba in the thirties and was a big influence on...

Top 5 Argentine Film Stars[The Argentina Independent]
Sophie Rawe rounds up some of Argentina's top acting talent.

Cat Burglars in Mendoza: Wine For Stealing[Filming in Argentina]
By contributing blogger Benjamín Harguindey This is probably the genre Argentine cinema does best – con movies. Unlike the much beloved Nine Queens (Nueve reinas, 2000), which involved petty...

Tuesday, 20 August 2013

BsAs4u Review: Esquina Carlos Gardel[Buenos Aires 4U]
Esquina Carlos Gardel is located on the street Carlos Gardel in the Abasto neighborhood, just around the corner from the statue of the singer himself. This building was previously home to restaurant...

Monday, 19 August 2013

Supermarket Sushi – Oh Yeah![Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingI just had to point out my most recent discovery – supermarket sushi! (And yes, it is a big deal in Buenos Aires.) That’s right, no longer do I need to make the trek to Barrio Chino...

Friday, 16 August 2013

VIDEO: Buenos Aires in the 1950s[Argentine Post]
This video was made by Braniff International Airways in the 1950s. It’s provides a fabulously interesting look at Buenos Aires in its heyday. It’s hard to imagine the city, or the country, getting...

If You Know Where To Look![The 5th Floor]
As I am fond of reminding some of my expat friends, whose prior shopping experience appears to be limited to giant chain stores and who bemoan the lack of choice and quality available in Buenos Aires...

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Cristina’s Top Post-Election Quotes[Argentine Post]
President Cristina Kirchner gave a defiant speech Wednesday in which she blasted the media, banks, politicians and just about everyone else who has ever criticized her government. The president...

On the Argentine Table: Sandwiches de Miga[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by gorriti) Sandwiches de miga are typical sandwiches eaten usually at social gatherings and as afternoon snacks. They probably originated from the Italian Tremezzino sandwiches and are made...

Argentina fires painted by Bater, Tekaz and Emy[BA Street Art]
Fires have been raging across Argentina in the last few weeks. The nature reserve near Puerto Madero in Buenos Aires suffered a huge blaze close to the city centre, there was also an explosion at an...

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Organic Street Market in Palermo - August 2013[BA Travel Guide]
The main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, on Saturday, August 17th, and Sunday, August 18h, 2013, from 10am to 6pm, with free...

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

2013 Tango Festival and World Championship[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by formfaktor) The Tango Festival and World Championship kicks off tomorrow until the 27th of August featuring a program full of music and dance. The event, which is divided into categories,...

Buenos Aires Street Food: A Bizarre Bondiola in the Woods[Pick Up The Fork]
I've searched far and wide, from Costanera Norte to Sur, on an endless quest for Buenos Aires' best bondiola sandwich. After upsetting the treif heavens (sorry Rabbi) on many failed attempts, I'm...

Monday, 12 August 2013

Meet the Artists and the Characters on the Art Connoisseurs Tour[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
I was surprised to learn that Miguel Angel Manzi, the founder and tour guide of Art Connoisseurs, is an accountant by day and an art …

Sunday, 11 August 2013

A show at las Puertas[Katti99]
On saturday august 3 all the dancers at Las Puertas performed in a big show. The place was completely packed, and people were even sitting on the stage. All were very eager to see what their family...

Friday, 09 August 2013

Argentina election posters and propaganda – enemies of street art[BA Street Art]
The pimary elections in Argentina are just two days away (August 11th 2013) and in the city of Buenos Aires the rivalry between urban art and party politics has been renewed. Political posters and...

Thursday, 08 August 2013

Buenos Aires Tango Festival and World Cup[Buenos Aires 4U]
The Buenos Aires Tango Festival, which has been labelled ‘the world’s biggest tango extravaganza’, takes place in a variety of venues across the capital between the 14th and 27th August. The Buenos...

A visit to the magnificent Palacio Paz[BA Travel Guide]
Palacio Paz - Plaza San MartinPalacio Paz, located in the heart of the city opposite Plaza San Martin (Av. Sante Fe 750) is an imposing building which fronts, sculptures and ornaments are copies or...

Bruce Springsteen To Play Buenos Aires[Argentine Post]
He was Born in the USA, but he’ll be playing in Buenos Aires next month. Legendary U.S. rocker Bruce Springsteen will bring his “Wrecking Ball” tour to the G.E.B.A on September 14. Tickets go on sale...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back