Daily Url - Dec 4Th

webteam

Administrator
Thursday, 04 December 2014

Falling oil prices comes as a blessing for dollar-short Argentina[MercoPress]
Addressing an audience at the Argentine Industrial Union (UIA) annual conference, Kicillof said that he projected an energy deficit of 7 to 8 billion dollars this year, roughly one quarter of Argentina's hard currency reserves, which stand at just ...Argentina governors: Domestic oil prices must be maintained ...

Wednesday, 03 December 2014

Gulls Are Eating Whales Alive In Argentina[The Inquisitr]
According to IFLScience, scientists working with southern right whales off Argentina discovered in 1972 that gulls were flaying the animals alive, attacking them when they came up for air. When the whales surface, the gulls land, strip off the ...

Tuesday, 02 December 2014

La Gran Milonga Nacional 2014 - Open Air Tango Dancing[BA Travel Guide]
"La Gran Milonga Nacional", an open air event with live orchestras and street tango dancing on Avenida de Mayo, which is transformed for one night in a giant dance floor, will take place on Saturday, December 6th, 2014.This fantastic event, which every year occupies the traditional Avenida de Mayo, from Plaza de Mayo to 9 de Julio Av. is organized by the National Tango Academy and the Association of Promoters of Tourism, Hotel Business and Gastronomy (APTHGRA), in honor of the National Tango Day ...

Monday, 01 December 2014

International Artisans' Fair 2014 at La Rural[BA Travel Guide]
At theInternational Artisans' Fair ("Feria Internacional de Artesanias de Buenos Aires") over 600 craftsmen from Argentina and Latin America will show their talent, creativity and skills, with live demonstrations of their work.Individual artisans, official entities and delegations from the different Argentine provinces and neighboring countries will exhibit and offer their hand crafted unique pieces, while sharing their techniques and knowledge with the public.

Buenos Aires tango do’s and don’ts, shows and milongas[LandingPadBA]
For newcomers to Buenos Aires, negotiating the city’s tango scene is an exciting, yet potentially daunting, prospect. The music seems to dominate every facet of metropolitan culture, as Argentina’s most famous form of creative exp<b></b>ression is seen everywhere. For many people, tango is an essential part of visiting the capital, not just in the shows ...

Driving While White (in Argentina)[Noruega en Argentina]
This is long and serious not my usual practical tips or snapshots of horses but that is the beauty of a blog; if I want to say something, I can post it here. I originally wrote this back in January, after some discussion in the Norwegian media about every day racism. I never posted it on my blog, but now, after what has happened in Ferguson, I feel that I want to share this. Long story short: White people, whether European or American, why don’t we stop being so ignorant about racism?

Here’s the Subte Schedule for Tomorrow’s Rotating Strike[ The Bubble]
A surprise strike action on the D Line which begun without a warning at 5 AM this morning has so far affected over 50,000 commuters, alongside severe delays on the C Line. These will carry on to affect all other lines tomorrow, while the 1 million daily travelers will have to find some other way to go about their business. The City Government was meeting with representatives of the subway workers union this afternoon in hopes that they could reach an agreement and avoid the protest, but so far ...

Argentina's Debt Crisis: Country turns to UN to avoid accountability[Fox News]
Argentina's Debt Crisis: Country turns to UN to avoid accountabilityFox NewsRather than learn anything from this unhappy history, however, Argentina is opting for stubbornness, bullying and intimidation of its debt-holders, all with a helping hand from the United Nations, as it refuses to pay back bondholders for billions of ...

ChallengeX 2015 is Coming to Buenos Aires[ The Bubble]
Entrepreneurs rejoice. The 2015 Challenge Cup is here. And not just in general, but in Argentina. If that doesn’t mean anything to you, read on. This competition may actually change your world. The Challenge Cup is a competition that identifies innovative startups working to enhance society in the areas of education, energy, health, and cities. The competition, created and produced by the 2-year old startup incubator 1776, is designed to offer exposure to new companies striving to globally ...

Sunday, 30 November 2014

Dany Borelli tango DJ[La Milonga Del 126]
A few years ago I read on the internet that the best tango DJ in Buenos Aires is Dany Borelli http://jantango.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/best-dj-in-buenos-aires/. He certainly is my favorite tango DJ. From the time I arrive at one of his milongas, every tanda he plays has me eager to dance. I was fortunate to get him to answer some questions I sent him online. Here is what he had to say about his work.· Dany Borelli has been a tango DJ since 1994 and had a background as a DJ of other rhythms since ...

Sunday, 30 November 2014

Argentina's economic woes prompt exodus to USA[USA TODAY]
Ask Pablo Vilaboa when he started thinking about leaving his native Argentina, and he furrows his brow. "Which time?" he says. Vilaboa, a university professor in this capital city, says he first thought about moving to another country ...

Bottle cap drive sets world record in Argentina, helps build hospital[GMA News]
Citizens across five Argentine and three Colombian cities joined together to collect plastic bottle caps from soda and juice bottles, setting a new Guiness World Record on Saturday (November 29) for the most collected. Children play among the collected ...

Abierto Argentino de Polo 2014 – The Argentine Open[Noruega en Argentina]
The world’s best polo tournament is well underway, and I enjoyed the first two weekends of games (there are games both Saturdays and Sundays, but I have just been going Sundays.) This weekend it will be decided who goes to the final on December 6, should be exciting! I love going to the polo grounds in Palermo, it is such a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city. It’s also very nice to see friends and just hang out after the games. Also, it has been great to introduce non-polo friends to this

Friday, 28 November 2014

Colour and Cats Abound at Defi Gagliardo’s San Telmo Exhibition[ The Bubble]
Today (November 28th) marks the opening of an awesome exhibition by one of Argentina’s pioneering street artists. Having studied design in the UBA, Defi Gagliardo began using the urban landscape as his canvas after the economic crisis of 2001. His work is characterized by the use of bold explosions of colour, varying from the abstract to the figurative and often featuring his childhood pet cat as a protagonist.

Thursday, 27 November 2014

Argentina charges HSBC with aiding tax evasion via Swiss accounts[Reuters]
Argentina charges HSBC with aiding tax evasion via Swiss accountsReutersWe denounce the existence of an illegal platform created by three banking entities (of HSBC) that are operating in Argentina, Ricardo Echegaray, the head of Argentina's AFIP tax agency, told a news conference. Its managers have intervened actively ...

Devaluation of the Peso Boosts Argentina's Tourism Sector[Nearshore Americas]
Argentina's tourism industry is booming, with the number of foreign visitors rising to over five million so far this year. According to the Buenos Aires Herald, the nation's Tourism Ministry expects international arrivals to total six million by the ...

Thursday, 27 November 2014

Five Places to Celebrate Thanksgiving in Buenos Aires[ The Bubble]
Thanksgiving is today and yet again nostalgic yanquis are on the lookout for an Argentine dinner joint that can stuff a turkey as good as grandma. Perhaps unsurprisingly, some porteños have lately embraced with gusto the spirit of a holiday whose essence is the wanton consumption of exorbitant amounts of food ...

Massive blackout affects BA City[Buenos Aires Herald]
As Buenos Aires City slowly began to resume its normal rhythm after the transport walkout, a power outage affected several neighbourhoods, causing traffic lights to fail and the suspension of the D subway line.

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Argentina to Snoop Emails from Citizens with Swiss Bank Accounts[PanAm Post]
The Argentina's tax collection authority is demanding court orders requiring internet service providers to hand over the browsing history of Argentinean nationals with Swiss bank accounts...

Buenos Aires Boliches: Nightlife in BA[Gringo in BA]
They say that New York is the city that never sleeps, but Buenos Aires is one of the world’s frontrunners when it comes to 24-hour partying. Many of the best things about this fascinating city happen after dark, and you’ll notice that nightlife and nighttime activities play a key role in the lives of porteños...

La Noche de los Libros: Buenos Aires Book Night[Wander Argentina]
Buenos Aires has a well-earned reputation for being a city of book lovers and the yearly Noche de los Libros (Night of the Books) is yet another event to indulge in the citys love of literature. On Saturday, November 29th the event will kick off at 7 p.m. with a free concert by internationally acclaimed ...

The Night of the Provinces 2014[BA Travel Guide]
The Night of the Provinces (“La Noche de las Provincias“) an yearly event that shows the cultural diversity in Argentina, will take place this year on Friday, November 28th, 2014, from 6 pm to 12 am.The "Casas de Provincia" are the representation offices of each province in the city of Buenos Aires, and they will open their doors ...

Argentina's Malvinas Museum[ Southern Cone Travel]
Late last week, I returned to the ex-Escuela de Mecánica de la Armada (ESMA). The ex-ESMA, of course, is now the admirable Espacio Memoria y Derechos Humanos, dedicated to the memory of those who disappeared under Argentina’s most vicious dictatorship ever.

Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Rock singer electrocuted by microphone on stage in Argentina[WSOC Charlotte]
The lead singer of an up-and-coming Argentinian rock band died over the weekend after being electrocuted on stage. According to multiple Spanish-language reports, Agustin Briolini, lead singer of the band Krebs, was doing a sound check prior to a show ...

Macri visits Córdoba: PRO youth messes it up[ The Bubble]
Any awareness campaign featuring a pre-pubescent lady-purse is basically begging for controversy. It seems a cheap play, but- predictably- the Córdoba youth branch of Macris party has social media up in arms about the publicity they used for a new awareness campaign for sexually transmitted diseases...

Miss Pole Dance South America competition twirls into Argentina[Daily Mail]
Argentina's capital city was flooded with pole dancers today as they competed with each other's acrobatic skills on the streets. TVNZ reports that the competitors used light poles, scaffolding, and a colorful costumes in this weekend's Miss Pole Dance ...

Monday, 24 November 2014

Castro Helped the Devil in Argentina[Bloomberg View]
Pick a Latin American dictatorship, scroll the official transcripts and you'll get an eyeful about the good fight against godless communists. Argentina's military government from 1976 to 1983 was the benchmark, waging a dirty war against flagless and ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back