Daily Url - Feb 15

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Where to Buy (Good) Beer in Buenos Aires[The Argentina Independent] Share/BookmarkGetting beer on draught at your neighbourhood bar or from a corner store is easily accomplished. It can be a little tougher to find stores that specialize in Argentine craft beer and...

Sunday Night Out: Onda Vaga at Konex[The Argentina Independent] Robin Minchom catches a show and an interview with Argentine rock band Onda Vaga, currently playing a series of Sunday night gigs at Buenos Aires' Konex centre.

What’s in a Name?[SaltShaker] Don’t be a tightwad. Your meals in life are numbered and the number is diminishing. Get at it. Owning an expensive car or home and buying cheap groceries and wine is utterly stupid. As a matter of...

Monday, 13 February 2012

David Caruso set to Shoot Movie in Buenos Aires[Filming in Argentina] by Lauren Pringle, contibutting blogger Famous for his role in CSI: Miami, the North American actor David Caruso has been location scouting in search of inspiration for his next feature film entitled...

Sunday, 12 February 2012

The Mighty Khan is Spinning in his Grave[SaltShaker] Centuries ago, the Mongols, under the Mighty Khan, ruled the Eastern Plains. After days of fighting and hunting, they would gather in large community groups to celebrate their adventures and their...

Saturday, 11 February 2012

A Big Apple[Katti99] Although the majority of the Argentines love to spend the month of January and/or February on the Argentine, Uruguayan or Brazilian beaches, that is not really my cup of tea. I don’t like crowded...

Friday, 10 February 2012

VanityBA: BA Apartment Serves As House of Horrors In Award-Winning Penumbra[InvestBA] From the Georgetown residence in The Exorcist to the Dutch Colonial in The Amityville Horror to the The Stanley Hotel in Kubrick’s The Shining, unique properties have played leading roles in some of...

Tax Agency Temporarily Closes Kansas Bar & Grill[Argentine Post] Argentina’s tax collection agency, AFIP, closed Kansas Bar & Grill, a hugely popular American-style restaurant, for three days. AFIP said the branch, located in Pilar, broke the law by not...

Night Clicker Photo Tour in Lively Las Cañitas![.My.Beautiful.Air.] Last week I attended an expedition to photograph the nightlife in Las Cañitas with Amelia McGoldrick of PhotoClicker fame! Amelia, fun tour guide and resource-full teacher of photography, provides a...

Thursday, 09 February 2012

Festival Shakespeare Buenos Aires 2012[BA Travel Guide] The second edition of the Festival Shakespeare Buenos Aires, organized by the Ministry of Culture of Buenos Aires, will take place from Saturday 11 to Sunday 19 of February, 2012.During those nine...

Top 5 Valentine´s Day activities in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U] The summer weather, the delicious Porteño cuisine, the aromatic Argentine wines and the sexy tango in Buenos Aires makes this city the perfect destination to spend a romantic Valentine’s Day (Día...

Wednesday, 08 February 2012

Hot February[Travelling Buenos Aires] According to weather statistics, January is the warmest month of the year in Buenos Aires, but this February does not seem to have heard. Below we give a brief list of summer links. Possible...

The Federalist Papers 2[SaltShaker] Just picking up where I left off on Av. Dorrego in yesterday’s post – there were just too many photos to do it all in one. The very pretty Santa Adela church is just downhill at the corner of Av....

Argentina´s First 3D Film Smash Hit![Filming in Argentina] by Lauren Pringle, contributting blogger Peter Capusotto in 3 Dimensions, directed by Pedro Saborido is a ridiculously humorous, satirical and effortlessly intelligent comment on the Argentine...

Messi By The Glass: Argentine Wine Inspired By The World’s Greatest Player[InvestBA] Like fine wine, Rosario native and Barcelona striker Leo Messi only gets better with age, so it seems only fitting that the world’s greatest futbol player have his own bottle of wine. That’s the idea...

Tuesday, 07 February 2012

Argentina's football league to be called The Crucero General Belgrano First Division[Argen-times] With the thirty year anniversary of the South Atlantic conflict between Argentina and the United Kingdom approaching, both countries have recently become more and more fixated on political rhetoric...

Monday, 06 February 2012

Why it sucks to be a gadgetphile in Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires] Posted in LivingYet another reminder of why it sucks to be a gadgetphile in Argentina… This was a “great deal” on a 42″ flat screen in Argentina last week: This was a “great deal” on a 42″ flat...

Discover The Beauty Of BA this Summer By Yourself[Buenos Aires 4U] Some travellers enjoy visiting and exploring a new city on their own instead of booking onto one of the many city tours. The biggest problem that faces travellers wanting to do a self guided tour is...

Sunday, 05 February 2012

Palo Borracho[.My.Beautiful.Air.] What November made purple, February turned pink. Affection for my view is gratitude for my camera.

Saturday, 04 February 2012

BAFWeek - Buenos Aires Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2012[BA Travel Guide] The most important event for the Argentine fashion industry, BAFWeek,brings together the most established brands in the fashion world andthe independent designers, for the launching of their...

Friday, 03 February 2012

Photo: Cristina Kirchner and the Cult of Personality[Argentine Post] Look carefully at the mural hanging just behind Interior Minister Débora Giorgi.

Wednesday, 01 February 2012

An Old Theatre is Now an Elegant Bookstore.[Buenos Aires 4U] Bookstores are not usually on a traveller’s sightseeing list however, in a city like Buenos Aires where reading is a huge part of its culture, with people reading books constantly whether walking in...

Football & Travelling The Perfect Complement For All![Buenos Aires 4U] After months of enjoying the taste of Argentinean steaks, the aromatic aromas of Malbec Wine and the best that the Porteño nightlife could offer, it was time to find some form of exercise or sports...

Carlos Keen and Los Girasoles: Escape From the City to this Foodie Destination[.My.Beautiful.Air.] Far out from the hot cement city, across the flat campo and a little past the unusual landmark Cathedral of Lujan is Carlos Keen a small country town home to organic farm, restaurant, orphanage and...

Friday, 27 January 2012

Brown Sugar, For Realsies[The Gill Family] When groups of expats get together, especially if they don't know each other well, tend to gravitate to the topics related to "Have you noticed that ________ is different than back home?" and "Have...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back