Daily Url, Feb 19

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 19 February

Nuestros Caballos 2009 (Our Horses 2009) Equestrian Exhibition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
"Nuestros Caballos 2009" (Our Horses), the most important equestrian exhibition in Latin America, will be held at La Rural Exhibition Center from March 24 to March 29, 2009, with equestrian and ...

Argentina to Be Cut to 'Frontier' Market[Bloomberg]
Argentina will be downgraded to “frontier” from “emerging market” status by MSCI Barra on the Latin American country’s restrictions on capital flows...

Wednesday, 18 February

Argentina on priority watch list for copyright piracy[Buenos Aires, City of Faded Elegance]
Argentina is on the 2009 priority watch list of the International Intellectual Property Alliance . Sounds ominous sharing the list with China, Pakistan, and Russia. But, oh, wait, there’s also...

Buenos Aires photos, 1870-1880[Buenos Aires, City of Faded Elegance]
Till the end of the month (March 1, 2009) there’s a little photo exhibition at Centro Cultural Recoleta that is worth viewing. Featured are photos of the city between 1870-1880.

Just don’t mention the war. Being British in Buenos Aires.[In search of Macondo]
In 2003 it was near impossible to travel without a stamp of shame in my passport; Britain had gone to war, and the world was outraged...

to slum it: part deux[Yillabean]
I volunteered again. I volunteered with the same organization and at the same villa (slum). this time i arrived at the volunteer office at 9am, no earlier. the van ...

Living with Kids in BA — It’s Not Easy[micheleandtom.com]
Now that our family unit is back in BA, I thought I would share some of the challenges we have been facing living la vida expat with kids, as well as some of our crazy plans to address those challe...

Argentinean music[The Life Less Travelled]
On Sunday I went to an open-air, public concert to watch two bands played. The first was Semilla - a group I had seen before at a Tango bar near my house. They were really awesome. Here's my favori...

Tuesday, 17 February

Cromagnon Memorial[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
In a corner of Plaza Miserere is a memorial to the 194 people killed in the Cromagnon fire on Dec. 30, 2004. The scattered shoes of the people leaving the scene that night became a symbol for ...

San Telmo[The Life Less Travelled]
San Telmo is the oldest neighborhood in Buenos Aires. It is where the wealthiest families lived until 1870. Today antique shops, tango parlours, cafés and colonial buildings line the cobble-stone...

Monday, 16 February

Tourism Falls For Third Straight Month[The Argentine Post]
Tourism fell for the third straight month in December, the national statistics agency, INDEC, reported Monday. The number of visitors dipped 8.1% from the previous year to 190,318.

Carnival in B.A.[Yillabean]
Last night I went to a carnaval celebration. I hear the BIG celebrations are in Brazil. There is another big celebration in Argentina but it's up north. Buenos Aires is getting in on the fun too, but ...

Creative trends festival Codigo Pais 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The creative trends festival Código País will gather in a same venue, from March 11 to March 15, 2009 , the new talents in music, design, cinema, theatre and everything related to live entertainme...

Drugs cartel used Argentine pensioners to smuggle cocaine[The Telegraph]
The drugs mules, often feigning disabilities, and frequently using wheelchairs, transported up to 50 kilos of cocaine or cannabis at a time from South America and Asia...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back