Daily Url, Feb 23

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 23 February

Drought sucks life from Argentina's farms[BBC]
A deflated bag of bones, the carcass of a bull, lies dried out on the banks of a river, baked by the sun. Normally green, the prime pastureland around lies silent and dry...

Sunday, 22 February

Is Buenos Aires Cheap?[Buenos Aires Tips]
How much do things cost in Buenos Aires? Is Buenos Aires cheap? Compared to other major cities around the world, yes, it is cheap. In this article we’ll look at the costs of common items t...

lil bit argentine[Yillabean]
I was invited to a girls night at 10pm last night. my argentine friend replied to the invite saying that 11 was more appropriate. i'm starting to form to argentine customs now, so i got ready by 11p...

Most Tourists Don’t Need a Visa to Enter Argentina[Buenos Aires Tips]
Most tourists don’t need a visa to enter Argentina but it depends on your country of citizenship. Tourists from Canada, United States, Germany, Australia and the UK — just to name a fe...

In the bus[Buenos Aires Daily]
I almost never take the bus, so when I took it earlier this week, I had to take a picture ;=)

A tribute to Flamenco in Buenos Aires[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The 2009 Biennial "Flamenco Buenos Aires" , from February 23th through March 1st , is a great opportunity to witness the unique spirit of this music, born from the Spanish traditions. Shows will be...

Saturday, 21 February

Xalapa: Mexican Restaurant Review[micheleandtom.com]
We are within walking distance of a bunch of different Mexican restaurants in our new abode, so we thought we would give one a whirl tonight and ended up at Xalapa . We haven’t yet tried M...

The Kirchners Compare Themselves To Obama[The Argentine Post]
Argentine President Cristina Fernández is enamored with U.S. President Barack Obama. So, it seems, are a number of people in her administration.

Zoo - Feeding the Animals[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
The Buenos Aires Zoo is right off Plaza Italia. It's small but well designed. You can also feed most of the animals. They sell bags of feed near the entrance.

The Phantom of the Opera in Buenos Aires[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera, "the world's most haunting love story", arrives in Buenos Aires. The great musical play, acclaimed by more than 80 million people for the past 20 yea...

Flying Out of EZE - Get There Early[Buenos Aires Tips]
The*Pistarini International Airport, EZE,*is a busy airport. Departure is much less organized than arrival. I recommend arriving at least two hours before your flight. Two and a half hours would b...

Friday, 20 February

Are Buenos Aires Women Beautiful?[Buenos Aires Tips]
The women of Buenos Aires, porteñas as they are called, have the reputation of being among the most beautiful women in the world. But is it true? I’ll answer this question two ways: firs...

Teatro Colon, one of Buenos Aires greatest buildings[Places to visit in Argentina]
The Teatro Colon is one of the most important opera houses in the world. Owner of an acoustic reference, it´s an absolute must for lovers of music, the Colon theatre has always been a theater for...

Thursday, 19 February

Argentina Expels Holocaust Denying Catholic Bishop[The Argentine Post]
Argentina announced late Thursday that it will expel Richard Nelson Williamson, a controversial, ultra conservative Catholic Bishop from the country. Williamson became infamous recently for claiming.....

Learning[Sallycat's Adventures]
I knew the guy in the black shirt was trying to catch my eye from down on the right between the columns. I’d glanced up and seen him staring directly at me, but I was hesitant. I turned to ...

All Hail the Taxis and the Buses![micheleandtom.com]
We learned a very important hailing lesson yesterday. But first, I must provide a bit of back story. We’ve posted about the crazy spider web of a bus network here…tentacled routes al...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back