Daily Url - Feb 24

webteam

Administrator
Saturday, 23 February 2013

VanityBA: The Running Boom Sprints Through Argentina[InvestBA]
In terms of competition, Argentina has long been associated with classic team sports like futbol, rugby, polo and field hockey. But it’s an individual sport that has swept through the country in...

Friday, 22 February 2013

Argentine Empanadas Unpacked[BuenosTours]
What in the world is in this empanada? Here's your guide to Argentina's delicious national pastry, including empanada fillings revealed, regional differences, and a delectable recipe. Enjoy!

El Calafate[The Gill Family]
Last weekend we had the joy of visiting El Calafate, a little town in the province of Patagonia. The town is quaint and enjoyable, but the real reason to visit this place is because it is home to...

Mourners Commemorate First Anniversary of Once Tragedy[The Argentina Independent]
Friday marks the one-year anniversary of the train crash on the Sarmiento line in Once that resulted in the death of 51 people. Whistles were sounded at 8:33 a.m., the time of the crash one year ago,...

This Shit Ain’t For Everyone: Hardcore Cocktailing at Doppelgänger Bar[Pick Up The Fork]
New Year’s resolutions are overall a dumb waste of time, (and even more pathetic when made two months after the actual new year) but if I was forced to make two Buenos Aires related 2013 goals they...

Buenos Aires Summer Street Style – Palermo[The Argentina Independent]
Following the success of our first street style series last winter, The Indy returns to the streets to find out what the latest summer trends are. This week, Emily Tarbuck walks among the hipsters of...

92 bus, stops 6 & 7[SaltShaker]
There I was, left on the corner of Santa Fé and Coronel Díaz, where I’d left off on my last pizza series post. Across the street, two cafes, while both offer pizza on their menus, it isn’t their...

Sasha: Great Pastries in Recoleta[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
I was on my way to an event and my arms were full or packages to deliver. I picked up a taxi on the busy …

Battles and Bloody Mary[The 5th Floor]
Yesterday was a special holiday, a one-year-only event to celebrate the glorious victory of General Manuel Belgrano in the Battle of Salta, two hundred years ago. As the from-then-on national flag...

Thursday, 21 February 2013

Photos: Best motorcycling roads[Steph and Ben's Travels]
Road to the salt flats — Jujuy, ArgentinaIn November 2011, even though I had spent a total of four hours ever on a motorcycle, Ben and I set off on an eight-day, 4000-kilometer motorcycle journey...

Best Art Museums in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
Buenos Aires is a city with plenty of activitieson offer for culture buffs. Art lovers travelling to Buenos Aires won’t be disappointed, as the Argentine Capital has - over the last fewdecades...

Fast Burgers[SaltShaker]
This is a tale, a short one, of an attempt at burger bliss here in this land of lack. I was clued in to the opening of Dean & Denny’s, Malabia 1591, corner of Honduras – the site of the very...

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

NYC-style Chinese in BA![Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in FoodAfter pretty much writing off Chinese food in Buenos Aires, I finally had a dish that was really good… We ordered the Pollo Saltado Kon Pao (Picante) (Kung Pao chicken) from Dragón...

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Finding Borges[BuenosTours]
Follow US writer Pat Gillespie as he tries to hunt down traces of the legendary Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges across the city of Buenos Aires.

Art on Paper at the MNBA[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Context Travel) The Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, in Recoleta, is showcasing an exhibit that focuses on paper as an artistic medium. The exhibition displays European art from the late...

Jef Aerosol in Buenos Aires[BA Street Art]
Jef Aerosol is in Buenos Aires and the French street artist has created some some brilliant new designs at the Centro Cultural Recoleta. Photography by Adri Godis. Jeff Aerosol at Centro Cultural...

BAFWeek - Buenos Aires Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2013[BA Travel Guide]
The most important event for the Argentine fashion industry, BAFWeek, brings together the most established brands in the fashion world and the independent designers, for the launching of their...

Sometimes Buenos Aires is Really Pretty…[Expat Argentina]
Sometimes I can’t sleep… This was about 5:45am… No photo shop for either of these. I had to play with the f-stop for a minute. Ironically it is one of the only times the city of Buenos Aires is...

Monday, 18 February 2013

The Executive Menu: Contigo Peru[Pick Up The Fork]
I’m all about the lunch special. In this ever-inflating Buenos Aires restaurant world we live in, there’s nothing quite like a great deal for lunch. Contigo Peru has been a longasstime favorite,...

Argentine Deposits In Uruguay Banks Post Biggest Jump In 3 Years[InvestBA]
Argentines looking for a good place to visit their money, have deposited the monetary equivalent of the annual GDP of Fiji in Uruguay bank accounts, according to a new report from iProfesional....

Esquina De Los Flores: Homestyle Vegetarian Food In Palermo Soho[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Esquina de los Flores is the most unique Argentine restaurant. It isn’t the fanciest, it isn’t the most exciting, but it is totally different than …

Grandeur of Buenos Aires: The Buildings[The Travel Chica]
The first time I arrived in Buenos Aires in 2010 (and every other time I have returned) I was amazed by the grand buildings throughout the central parts of the city.The grandeur never became just a...

Saturday, 16 February 2013

My Top in BA. For the Moment.[SaltShaker]
It’s an ever changing thing to answer the question, “What’s your favorite… X?” It’s also probably the most common question I get asked both by e-mail and in person by guests at Casa S. Recently,...

Friday, 15 February 2013

Recommended Palermo Restaurants: Local/ Casa Arevalo[Inside Buenos Aires]
Paraje Arevalo is one of our favorite Palermo restaurants and now chef-owners Estefanía Di Benedetto and Matías Kyrizis are bringing even more to the hip local scene. LOCAL Restaurant is their new...

The weird thing I miss from Buenos Aires[The Travel Chica]
I miss a lot of things about Buenos Aires.I miss the grand buildings.I miss the asados and incredible red wine.I miss being able to hop on a bus at any hour for less than a buck.And yes, I miss the...

Thursday, 14 February 2013

Buenos Aires in Bloom[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Flower shop in Almagro. Photo by Gobierno de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires) The purples, reds, pinks, yellows, and greens that flower vendors sprinkle the city with are one of the many things that make...

130,000 New Cars Send BA Parking Lot Values Soaring[InvestBA]
With over a half million new cars registered in Buenos Aires since 2009, the value of parking spaces and parking lots continues to soar, according to a new report from Reporte Inmobiliario. The...

Dill & Drinks[Buenos Aires Foodies]
Finding a good healthy meal downtown can sometimes be a challenge. If you are looking to skip the Sandwich de Milanesa and empanadas, Dill and Drinks has a few originals options. Their Bistro’s...

Daore: Korean BBQ in Floresta[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
I was having a weird day. Normally when I go to sleep, I meditate on what I’m going to do the following day. I think …

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Glamour In A Sea Of Illness[The Confused Canadian]
This past weekend was another long one. In the last couple of years Argentina has decided to celebrate Carnival with a four-day long weekend. It comes at a tough time of year as the kids have only...

Tango in Buenos Aires – An audio guide[Buenos Aires 4U]
Buenos Aires is the birthplace of the famous dance of passion; the Tango. Part of the beauty and irresistible charm of Buenos Aires has a lot to do with the city’s love of tango - the fact that you...

Chinese New Year's celebration in Belgrano[BA Travel Guide]
The Chinese New Year 4711 will be celebrated at the Chinese Quarter and Barrancas de Belgrano. On this occasion, to mark the start of the Year of the Snake, a special two-day celebration will be...

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

A Perfect Day Out – Puerto Madero on the weekend.[The 5th Floor]
When I first arrived in Buenos Aires 18 years ago, Puerto Madero was a dockside, wasteland whose sole point of interest was a huge nightclub in the shape of the Sydney Opera House. You could disco in...

Valentines Day in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Alex E. Proimos) Buenos Aires is a romantic city and with Valentines Day coming up, it’s the perfect time to woo porteño style. Below are our top picks for courting and celebrating love....

Monday, 11 February 2013

The Best Yogurt in Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in FoodI just discovered the best yogurt in Buenos Aires - Yogur Dahi. After years of eating the crappy yogurt in plastic cups and bags, it’s nice to finally find a smooth, creamy yogurt that...

Photo Essay: The Women’s Bridge of Buenos Aires[The Travel Chica]
El Puente de la MujerThe Women’s Bridge of Puerto Madero is one of the most iconic symbols of Buenos Aires.The bridge was designed by Spanish engineer Santiago Calatrava. It was built in Spain and...

Sunday, 10 February 2013

Recommended Concerts in February, March, and April, 2013[BA Travel Guide]
FEBRUARY 2013Friday 15JAMIROQUAI returns to Argentina. Jay Kay and his band will be presenting “Rock dust light star".Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium, Av. Avellaneda 1240Tickets:...

Saturday, 09 February 2013

Death of the High Street?[The 5th Floor]
Reading the English press a few days ago, I found myself particularly irritated by an interview with the Boss of one of the major supermarket chains. He was claiming that the proprietors of the...

Friday, 08 February 2013

National Museum of Fine Arts[BuenosTours]
The National Museum of Fine Arts is a must-see for anyone interested in Argentina's history. Located among Recoleta's finest parks, it's close to some of Buenos Aires's best attractions. Plus, it's...

Thursday, 07 February 2013

The Drunken Tree of Buenos Aires[The Travel Chica]
I love the trees of Buenos Aires.I have already written about the gorgeous jacarandas in bloom, and I even have a framed photo of Buenos Aires trees on my wall.Not only are they pretty, some of them...

Wednesday, 06 February 2013

Eating Highlights Summer BA | Dec + Jan 2013 | The Lost Asian[The Lost Asian]
I came back from traveling a few days ago. Happy to to unload our luggages on our living room floor, pack things away good, and getting back to the good ol’ routine of working- and eating something...

Monday, 04 February 2013

Blu mural in Buenos Aires gets new look[BA Street Art]
A mural painted by Italian street artist Blu in Buenos Aires in November 2011 that was later defaced has been given a new look by Astrid and Nacho. Blu and the redhead in Buenos Aires Astrid and...

I finally went to a futbol match in Argentina[The Travel Chica]
Did I jet off to Buenos Aires to escape the winter in Ohio?Sadly no. I have just been thinking a lot about Buenos Aires lately … because… My Buenos Aires City Guide is being published this month!I...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
admin Daily URL 0
Back