Daily Url, Feb 9

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 08 February

54 Bars: Las Violetas[The Argentimes]
Walking into Las Violetas feels a bit like getting on board a mini version of the Titanic. Like the famous cruise liner, the interior of this café is an impressive example of Art Nouveau décor, with g...

Murga & Foam…Carnival in Buenos Aires![A Gringo in Buenos Aires RSS Feed]
While Brazil is the most well known for its Carnival celebrations, a lighter form of Carnival still exists in Buenos Aires. This past Saturday night my Porteña friend called me up and asked,...

IMPA: United Against the Drifts of Capitalism[The Argentimes]
Entering the IMPA factory, I realise why it is particularly appreciated by directors and photographers. There is something magic about the place. It is not just the rays of light coming through the wi...

Orcas Storm Beach to Grab Seals[Newser.com | ABC news]
Innovative killer whales are breaching a beach in Argentina to grab seals and sea lions in the first such behavior ever witnessed...

Saturday, 06 February

Health Care in Argentina[Tourist2townie Blog]
(Exchanging Surgery for Drink Coupons: Nervously waiting to get sliced in a tiny/empty room in  Hospital Italiano ) For the past week I've been in and out of hospitals and doct...

Friday, 05 February

The New Metropolitan Police Force Hits the Streets[The Argentimes]
Today the newly created Metropolitan Police force begins patrolling the streets of Buenos Aires. The new force has been created to address security within Buenos Aires proper and will augment, and in ...

U.S. Embassy Warning Today[Romancing Argentina]
The U.S. Embassy sticks out like a concrete thumb in a park-like setting in Palermo, an embarrassment to good taste made necessary by the negativity the U.S. provokes in Latin America. . . and toda...

Experiencing an Argentine Approach to Mime[The Argentimes]
When I think about the art of mime, the first memory that springs to mind is of a Marcel Marceau show I saw when I was a child. This image, combined with the miming performances I have seen on the str...

A Few Good Men (& Chevys) To Protect BA[InvestBA.com]
500 new police officers, Chevy Merivas & Honda motorcycles hit the streets of BA this morning. The new International Living Quality of Life Index covered yesterday gave Argentina high ...

Thursday, 04 February

Violent Crime Falls for 1st Time in Five Months[The Argentine Post]
The number of violent crimes reported in Argentina fell in January for the fist time in five months, according to a new study. Torcuarto Di Tella University’s latest crime “victimization rate” survey....

Carnaval Porteño 2010 - Buenos Aires Carnival[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Every weekend from Saturday, February 8 and until Sunday, February 28th, 2010, the “Carnaval Porteño 2010” (Buenos Aires Carnival) will take place at different neighborhoods, with the participatio...

What is Everyone Drinking?! It’s Mate![A Gringo in Buenos Aires RSS Feed]
Everyone knows that Argentina is a nation of tango dancers, steak eaters and red wine drinkers, but its grand obsession with the infused drink ‘mate’ doesn’t rate much of a mention internatio...

MALBA - Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires[Tourist2townie Blog]
Monday I took a break from the chaos of class and work and took a lady friend to check out the MALBA Art Museum in Palermo Chico. For the past fe...

Wednesday, 03 February

Green House in Puerto Iguazú[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
The Recycled House of Alfredo Santa Cruz and Family Today I came across a post on Treehugger about a house in Puerto Iguazú made entirely of recycled materials. Alfredo Santa Cruz and h...

Argentina Tops Quality of Life Index…Again[InvestBA.com]
Argentina and Uruguay were the top 2 Latin destinations in IL's Annual Quality of Life Index. January’s headlines out of BA were either steeped in controversy (The debt row and C...

Musings on Shoes[One Month In Buenos Aires]
My young friend Amy, recently in Comme Il Faut purchasing her obligatory pair of red suede shoes, met a woman who was buying NINE pairs of tango shoes to take back to ONE friend in the States. A bit ...

Tuesday, 02 February

El Secreto de Sus Ojos Gets an Oscar Nomination[The Argentine Post]
El Secreto de Sus Ojos, Juan Jose Campanella’s recent film starring Ricardo Darín, got an Oscar nomination Tuesday for the Best Foreign Language Film of 2009. Last year Variety magazine...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back