Daily Url - January 14Th

webteam

Administrator
Monday, 14 January 2013

Five People Arrested Over December Lootings in Bariloche[The Argentina Independent]
Five people from a workers' cooperative were arrested yesterday morning in the southern city of Bariloche, accused of participating in the riots and looting that took place on 20th December.

Saturday, 12 January 2013

Taking the "A" Train No More[tangocherie]
From the archives on the occasion of the original old cars of the Subte's A Line being retired yesterday.Originally published February 2006 in the-vu.comWe all love trains--the waiting, the leaving,...

Chris Brown new mural by El Marian[BA Street Art]
El Marian has painted a cool new portrait of the North American singer Chris Brown near the Polo Ground in Palermo. The mural was done at the request of some fans of the rapper and includes some...

Friday, 11 January 2013

Foto of the Week — Stray Kittens in Chubut[Wander Argentina]
Five three-week old kittens discovered in a hole in the ground in the Chubut province of Argentina. December and January are the most taxing months for animal protectionists in Argentina. The cause...

Ordering Coffee in Buenos Aires[BuenosTours]
Make like a true local and revel in Buenos Aires's traditional coffee culture with this quick guide to ordering cafe just the way you want it! Drink your way round Buenos Aires one cup at a time...

LAN Airfare Sale to Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in TravelLAN is having another one of their airfare sales from the US to Buenos Aires (unfortunately fares from Buenos Aires to the US are not on sale). During this limited sale, roundtrip...

Farewell to another bit of Buenos Aires[City of Faded Elegance]
Last night I carried my two year old daughter down the steps of the Primera Junta subway stop in the neighborhood of Caballito. Mila had never ridden a subway before. I wanted her first experience to...

Light and Fresh Lunches in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by a song under the sugar sugar) Get ready for rooftop pooling and evening drinks outdoors because the Porteño summer is about to make its hot hot mark, and although meat may be the local...

BA Rental Rates Up 22% While Average ROI Drops Below 3%[InvestBA]
The wave of BA rental properties that flooded the market last year injected more options and new construction units into the mix for Cap Fed renters; yet, the increased supply did not trigger a drop...

Thursday, 10 January 2013

Top secret bars in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Move The Clouds) The Speakeasy trend has become quite a big thing in the Buenos Aires bar scene and there are many hidden spots to discover. Some of the most reputed city bars follow this...

Where to Find Semi Healthy Fast Food in Buenos Aires[Gringo in BA]
Buenos Aires has a lot to offer, but something that it has always lacked are fast, convenient places to eat something healthy-ish on the go. For example, a deli that makes a sandwich with fresh...

Wednesday, 09 January 2013

Special Gardel Exhibit at Casa de la Cultura[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Walküre.) El Pibe Carlitos, Hombre y Mito, is the new Gardel exhibit that is being showcased at the Casa de la Cultura until the 30th of April. The exhibition features the largest tango...

Uruguay Named Among World’s Best Retirement Destinations[InvestBA]
International Living is out with the 2013 edition of the World’s Best Places to Retire for North Americans, and Uruguay finds itself in a familiar spot among the Top 10. According to El Observador,...

Choripan Trucks 2.0[Buenos Aires Foodies]
In foodie news this week via Infobae, it seems that our traditional “carritos de choripan” which are the argentine versions of food trucks are about to get an upgrade. Typically working with charcoal...

Palermo Polo Grounds Could Be Converted To Affordable Housing[InvestBA]
If you thought last month’s news regarding the proposed nationalization of the La Rural Expo Center was unexpected, there’s a follow-up sure to jerk the reins of polo fans, players and corporate...

Tuesday, 08 January 2013

Argentina FAIL: Doc McStuffins Now White[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in RandomnessWhen you have a two year-old you quickly learn who their favorite TV characters are – Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny and of course, her favorite, Doc McStuffins (Doctora Juegetes in...

Foreign Tourists Permitted to Marry in Buenos Aires[Seashells and Sunflowers]
Foreign tourists are now allowed to marry in the City of Buenos Aires, thanks to a resolution [full text, in Spanish] passed in May 2012. Both straight and same-sex couples visiting the capital city...

Top Destinations in Argentina (outside of BA)[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by teipsum) Summer is the time when locals take vacation and in Argentina there are many locations that are well worth visiting during the year’s warmer months. Of course, the most popular...

Sunday, 06 January 2013

VanityBA: “Cola Less” Defies Age, Gravity On Argentine Coast[InvestBA]
When we published InvestBA’s Most Read Stories of 2012, we had to clarify these were the real estate posts our readers know and love. Although not technically a property story, last summer’s Cola...

Friday, 04 January 2013

Top Buenos Aires New Restaurant Picks of 2012[Pick Up The Fork]
It has been quite the exciting year for the Buenos Aires food and restaurant loving community. Once was a subpar food city, Buenos Aires has quickly taken the spot for one of the world’s rising star...

Las Grutas — A Slice of Patagonian Paradise[Wander Argentina]
The unexplored and unexploited beaches of Las Grutas are located in the southern and chillier half of Argentina’s long coastline. Despite its location closer to Antarctica than popular beaches to the...

2013′s Hottest Spots for Drinks Outdoors[Inside Buenos Aires]
Unicorn Huset- This popular bar in Palermo not only attracts the trendiest crowd but also has a great terrace for warm summer nights. Honduras 5730, Palermo. Rey de Copas- A new addition to the...

Thursday, 03 January 2013

What I love about BA 3: They don’t talk about cars.[The 5th Floor]
I don’t like to think about the hours of my life that have been wasted listening to conversations about cars. I say listening because I know so little about the subject that I was never able to make...

Oscar Muñoz at the MALBA[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Museo de Antioquia) Protografias is the name of the new MALBA exhibit, featuring a collection of Colombian Oscar Muñoz’s works. The artist uses many different media including photography,...

The Cure[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in The Cure return to Argentina on April 10, 2013.The post The Cure appeared first on Discover Buenos Aires.Related posts:2012: The Year In Review Since every other site is doing a “Year In...

Wednesday, 02 January 2013

Buenos Aires Summer 2013[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Shan Sheehan) A new year is upon us, and with it, a whole new calendar to fill with events and activities in the city. Below are some of the monthly highlights to take into consideration...

Teatro Colón 2013 Season[BA Travel Guide]
The prestigious Teatro Colón of Buenos Aires, one of the most important Opera Houses in the world, has announced its program for the 2013 Season:OPERAApril 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 23CARMENMusic by...

Saturday, 29 December 2012

What I love about BA 2 : Beer in a bucket[The 5th Floor]
Yes, I can already hear the English getting excited. Beer in a bucket? You mean there is something bigger than a pint, a stein, a yard of ale? We can get it by the bucket? No guys, what I am …...

Thursday, 27 December 2012

Football Soccer in Buenos Aires - Calendar of matches February - June 2013[BA Travel Guide]
The fixture of football (soccer) matches in Buenos Aires for the first half of the year 2013 has been announced. It comprises the matches in the National Tournament, "Torneo Final 2013", the...

Friday, 07 December 2012

What I love about BA 1 : Seasonality[The 5th Floor]
You know when it is time to eat a peach when you walk past your favourite verdularía and the air is heavy with the scent of them. UK supermarkets are full of air-mile loaded, early pick

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back