Daily Url - July 16

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, 16 July

Argentine Residency: Mission Accomplished![Seashells and Sunflowers | Necochea, Argentina]
My Argentine permanent residency saga has come to an end. Just the other week I went online to the website for Argentina's immigration service , and I found out that my residency paperwork had been ...

Friday, 15 July

Me Harto Telecom[TangoSpam:La Vida Con Deby]
Dealing with Telecentro prepared me for the battle with Telecom. After all these years of living in Argentina I am no longer afraid of the phone. Any immigrant with tell you in a new country when y...

Volcanic ash and Bariloche[argen-times]
Ash from Chile’s Puyehue volcano continues to cause disruption in Argentina over a month since the initial eruption on June 4. Flights at Buenos Aires airports Ezeiza and Aeroparque were ...

Argentinean country inside the city: Rural Fair 2011[Buenos Aires 4U Blog En]
The most important fair in the city The main exhibition and convention center of Buenos Aires and the largest of South America, La Rural, is holding this month from July 14th until the 26th of July, i...

Song for the Weekend: No Soy de Aquí…[The Argentina Independent]
“To mourn death is to disrespect life.” After his shocking murder in Guatemala City last Saturday, Facundo Cabral’s own words ring with a sad resonance. Many have ignored these words however and openl...

Grain prices are more linked to the US dollar than to food demand[MercoPress]
“for the last 48 months dollars have been leaving Argentina ... but it goes unfelt because of the massive inflow of agro-dollars”.

Thursday, 14 July

How to get to/from the Airports[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
Like many cities designed by urban planners born before the Wright Brothers’ invention really “took off”, Buenos Aires grid pattern left little room for runways and international air...

An Epicurean Bookstore[The Argentina Independent]
To call Dain Usina Cultural a bookstore is misleading. Agreed, its main feature is books—more than 20,000 of them in a 150m² library—but there is so much more to it than that. On a corner of Palermo S...

Wednesday, 13 July

Adios Blockbuster, Hola Netflix[InvestBA.com]
While barrio Blockbusters keep closing and the quality of street DVDs keeps deteriorating, the hype surrounding Netflix’ entry into Argentina and other corners of Latin America keeps growing.

Nothing Typical at Café San Juan[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Variety seeking gourmet diners will suffer greatly in Buenos Aires. However the situation became much less dire for this foodie upon the enlightening discovery of Café San Juan. Deep in the heart o...

Tuesday, 12 July

Mi Cousin Vinny[SaltShaker]
The original words to the Argentine national anthem were written by the subject of today’s post, Alejandro Vicente López y Planes, a writer, lawyer and politician, who became th...

Estate of Panic[Filming in Argentina: The blog of San Telmo Productions]
Set of US TV show "Estate of Panic" filmed in Argentina Argentina has proven to be a highly prized location for filmmakers and television prod...

Monday, 11 July

buenos aires: election results 2011[line of sight]
Congrats to Mauricio Macri . The fight isn’t over yet, but Macri definitely won the first round with 47% of the vote… almost the 50% needed for a definitive win. That means a runoff wi...

Lost in Translation[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
When we try to speak a language other than our native tongue, there's a gap in brain synapses while connecting and translating words. Sometimes these gaps create very amusing advertising!

Arteclásica 2011 - Contemporary and Modern Art Fair[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Arteclásica is the classic Art Fair in Buenos Aires for experts and amateurs alike, which offers a plural space for our visual arts of international renown. The Fair will also hold many of its ...

Buenos Aires A Bargain for Brazil Companies[InvestBA.com]
The affordability that makes BA so attractive for Brazilian tourists is also luring more Brazilian companies here to establish national and regional offices. A new report from Colliers International B...

How Argentina survived economic meltdown[BBC]
The economic turmoil in Greece and beyond has provoked painful memories for many Argentines who suffered their own financial and social crisis 10 years ago.

Sunday, 10 July

Funny Names of Cities in Argentina[Seashells and Sunflowers | Necochea, Argentina]
If I take my mind out of Spanish mode while perusing a map of Argentina, the names of the following Argentine towns and cities manage to elicit a chuckle. Coronel Pringles , Province of Buenos A...

Saturday, 09 July

New Terminal C Debuts At Ezeiza[InvestBA.com]
Today marks another important step in Argentina’s path toward becoming the preferred destination for international visitors to South America. The inauguration of Terminal C at Ezeiza Internation...

Election time - Mauricio Macri seeks four more years[argen-times]
Lefty filmmaker Pino Solanas It’s mayoral voting time in the city and the walls and billboards are splattered with the candidates’ posters for Buenos Aires Chief of Government ( ...

Argentina Charges Economists[WSJ]
Argentina's government has filed criminal charges against the managers of an economic consulting firm, escalating its persecution of independent economists.

Thursday, 07 July

2011 Buenos Aires Children´s Book Fair[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
From July 11th to July 30th, 2011 , the 21st edition of the Buenos Aires Children´s Book Fair (Feria del Libro Infantil y Juvenil) will take place at Centro de Exposiones de Buenos Aires. The F...

Copa America: More Ties, Titanic & Topless[InvestBA.com]
We’re already one week into Copa America 2011, and the $1 billion juggernaut is feeling more like a traveling medicine show. The circus is going town to town in Argentina promising a magical eli...

Wednesday, 06 July
Argentina Bans Sex Ads in Newspapers[The Argentine Post]
Bad news for all the hookers and pimps out there. President Cristina Kirchner signed a decree banning the publication of sex ads in local newspapers. Kirchner said the decree will help end...

Tuesday, 05 July

Beef for everyone[argen-times]
The headline of last Thursday’s Clarín was accompanied by a less than flattering snap of a baseball capped Cristina Kirchner at the launch of her plan to provide cheap beef for everyone in what ...

You can't light up here che[argen-times]
Argentina has become the eighth country in Latin America to ban smoking in public places. The legislation, which was passed in the Senate last August, was approved by Congress this week by 182...

Where to Find the Foods You Miss in Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
Cravings gone wild: Those Seemingly Non-existent foods you’re jonesing for in Buenos Aires Food in Argentina is amazing – carne, pizza, empanadas, pasta – it will easily pack you with an extra 5 lbs i...

[[url=http://www.reuters.com]Reuters]
Argentine President Cristina Fernandez is betting her future on a pro-government youth movement founded by her son, challenging old allegiances inside the ruling Peronist party as she seeks re-election.

Saturday, 02 July

Remix[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Remember THIS video of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner? I just found the remix. Thought I’d share.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
admin Daily URL 0
Back