Daily Url, June 12

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 11 June

BA, Bariloche, Mendoza Get Google Map ‘Directions’[The Argentine Post]
The feature doesn’t appear to cover anything outside the cities and it’s not clear yet if it covers everything in each city. But in my limited tests the feature seems to work very well...

Ugis for the Argentimes[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
For the last month or so I've been working as a photo editor for the local English language newspaper The Argentimes. Occasionally they send me out to shoot stories and my first one published is o...

raise[Yillabean]
get out! i just had a meeting with my boss and it was normal and i didn't leave with my panties in a twist! last week i wrote her an email asking for a raise. i felt confident that i could get a pa...

Learning Spanish in a Buenos Aires way[Buenos Aires, City of Faded Elegance]
I was recently contacted by the folks at Miniature Studios about their new Spanish language learning product Bueno, entonces .

A refuge for incompetents?[The Kaisers Blog]
An Argentine man who tried to use two counterfeit bills has been found innocent, by reason of incompetence. His counterfeit bills were “so clumsy and crude” that “they could not be accepted by most people.” ...

Wednesday, 10 June

Oh No, We’re Shrinking![micheleandtom.com]
The American Dream seems to have escalated into a race to amass as much square footage of housing as possible. It has been interesting for us to reverse that trend lately in the years when our...

Beyond San Telmo, Recoleta & Palermo[Moving Globally]
...for in the year and a half I have called Buenos Aires my home, I am ashamed to admit that seldom do I stray from my comfortable Palermo stomping grounds. This is unfortunate because ...

Tuesday, 09 June

The Meaning of Work in Buenos Aires, Argentina[Expat Argentina]
In the land of lunfardo (Argentine slang), linguisitic history and play is quite rich and intricate. What always fascinates me though, are the expressions found in English vs. Spanish...

¡Ay Caramba! The Simpsons in Argentina[The Argentimes]
If you find anyone who does not instantly recognise the faces of Homer, Marge, Bart and Lisa, they are clearly from another planet. Matt Groening’s animated series, which hit the screens for the first...

Tandil: It’s All About the Cheese[The Argentimes]
I come across Tandil rather early on in my stay in Argentina, looking to review a cheese shop. When I discovered that the cheese shop would mean a number of hours on a bus, I thought, well, I'd just b...
http://www.theargentimes.com/social...a-barrientos-woman-of-the-year-ten-years-on-/
Dali’s Surrealism Opens at Abasto[Argentina's Travel Guide]
The traveling exhibition “Dali, los ojos del surrealismo” (Dali, the eyes of surrealism) opens on June 13, 2009 , at Abasto Shopping mall, featuring works made by Salvador Dalí between...

Jugá Limpio[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
I had to laugh at the city's anti-litter campaign [the green sticker on the trash can which says "Jugá Limpio"] juxtaposed with the city's own mess of police tape and piles of cobblestones from a ...

Resto Crunchtime[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
In the first four months of 2009, the average cost to dine in a Buenos Aires restaurant has risen between 25% and 50%, 425 restaurants have closed, and the average menu has seen 75% inflation over ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back