Daily URL - June 19th

webteam

Administrator
Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Top 5 Argentine Desserts[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Manu Contreras) Most Argentine desserts were influenced by different immigrant groups who populated the country. A few ingredients however, including the famous dulce de leche and quince,...

Monday, 18 June 2012

Amor captures ‘soul of the tree’ in new mural[BA Street Art]
Amor has just finished painting a family house in Palermo. The design was inspired by a huge tree in front of the building with the forms and shapes in the mural relating to its branches and trunk....

Saturday, 16 June 2012

Blu mural in Buenos Aires covered over by new apartments[BA Street Art]
A mural painted by Blu in Buenos Aires has recently been covered over during the construction of new apartment blocks in Villa Urquiza. The Italian master painted the piece on the side of this...

Friday, 15 June 2012

Homage to Buenos Aires[Rabner in Argentina]
Upon considering Argentina as our destination of choice for this year, we considered many places for many reasons. We had to consider lots of factors: a good place for my wife to work; a good place...

Thursday, 14 June 2012

Planning Your Trip: How Much do Things Cost?[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by morrissey) A fellow traveler recently asked us if there were any sources we knew of to calculate the cost of things in Buenos Aires so as to know how much spending to expect. Since we...

Why I moved to Argentina: Near death experiences, legal battles and unemployment[A Year-Long Conversation:]
South America had always seemed an exotic and attractive destination and when I met enthusiastic travellers who'd just come from there while in Mexico aged nineteen, I felt certain I must go. Two...

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Madero Tango: Modern Tango a la Carte![Buenos Aires 4U]
Thereare many things that characterize the city of Buenos Aires: its delicious food, its welcoming people, its very talented footballplayers… but one of Buenos Aires’s biggest cultural treasures is...

The Buenos Aires Port[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by DMWyllie) Do you ever wonder why people from Buenos Aires are locally referred to as ¨porteños¨? The answer is simple; it is because Buenos Aires is a port city. It was founded on the river...

Put on your sandwich gloves, it’s time to eat some sandwiches: Ten Favorite Sandwiches in Buenos Aires[Pick Up The Fork]
Where do you go in Buenos Aires to sink your teeth into that perfect sandwich? With almost every café and restaurant serving up some sanguche of sorts, only few really do it right. The ideal sandwich...

Eating My Way Through BA Part 10: A New Experience with Carnes Autóctonas[The Travel Chica]
Have you ever felt like you have discovered the best-kept secret in a city? Have you ever had a dining experience that made you feel like a famous food critic? I have. At El Baqueano. I do not...

Monday, 11 June 2012

Gaucho Fair in Mataderos[tangocherie]
Every fair has its virgin.Over the years I've often written about my favorite thing to do in Buenos Aires--after the tango: visit the Feria de Mataderos. One of the services we provide our students...

Friday, 08 June 2012

What to Order at a Parrilla[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Ostrosky Photos) Argentine beef is renowned world wide for its quality and flavor so it’s only logical that it be such a hit with visitors to the country. Parrillas however, offer much...

Wednesday, 06 June 2012

Pastel de Papa = Shepherds Pie[Buenos Aires Foodies]
Growing up, my mom always made us Shepherds Pie, although, I always knew it as “Pastel de Papa” . My mom’s was chock full of green olives, and the potatoes were quite heavy on the Parmigiano cheese....

Eating My Way Through BA Part 9: Cocina de Influencias[The Travel Chica]
I have started writing about my new (slightly scary) adventures in Bolivia, but there is still more good stuff to share from the BA food scene. And I have saved my favorites for last. Paraje Arévalo:...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back