Daily Url - June 28Th

webteam

Administrator
Saturday, 28 June 2014

An Intimate Night Out in Almagro[Encounter Argentina]
For those curious travelers in search of an intimate night out in Buenos Aires, I always recommend my beloved neighborhood of Almagro which is, by far, the most interesting area of those not much hit...

Friday, 27 June 2014

Judge Griesa Orders Bank to Return Argentine Money[The Argentina Independent]
After yesterday's announcement by Economy Minister Axel Kicillof regarding the deposit of over US$1bn in a US bank to pay the exchange bondholders, Judge Thomas Griesa ordered the Bank of New York to...

New Sandboxes[SaltShaker]
“It is the child in man that is the source of his uniqueness and creativeness, and the playground is the optimal milieu for the unfolding of his capacities and talents.” – Eric Hoffer, philosophical...

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Football Soccer in Buenos Aires - Calendar of matches July - November 2014[BA Travel Guide]
The fixture of football (soccer) matches in Buenos Aires for the second half of the year 2014 has been announced. It comprises the matches in the National Tournament "Torneo Transición 2014" the...

The Blue(s) of Default? An Exchange Rate Update[Southern Cone Travel]
Preparing a new edition of any guidebook involveschallenges, and one of them is to present exchange rates and prices accurately.My upcoming fourth edition of Patagoniacovers three countries, but...

Monday, 23 June 2014

housing for the masses: master list[Line of Sight]
I can't lie... I'm proud of this series of posts written in 2007 & 2008. While only the years from 1910 to 1950 are covered, researching & photographing housing projects in Buenos Aires became a...

A Wonderful Organization – Canales Asociación Civil[Noruega en Argentina]
I mentioned in my “Moving to BA” post that I had several projects in the works but that I couldn’t really talk about them yet. Some are still in progress, but I wanted to share one of them because I...

Friday, 20 June 2014

Tina & Co[Buenos Aires Foodies]
Barrio Oriental, our Chinatown is my favorite place for food shopping in Buenos Aires. The recent availability of Recently, I was taken to Tina & Co, an upscale Asian market on Mendoza street that...

Thursday, 19 June 2014

La Tribu Celebrates a Quarter of a Century[The Argentina Independent]
FM La Tribu, one of Buenos Aires' first community radio stations, turns 25 today. The Indy joins in the celebrations for this quarter of a century of one of the region's most important alternative...

Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Anti-Monsanto Protesters Denounce Police Repression[The Argentina Independent]
A group of demonstrators who were protesting before the House of Córdoba in Buenos Aires last night denounced being repressed by the Federal Police.The post Anti-Monsanto Protesters Denounce Police...

Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Eat Like A Pig: Chochán, delicias en cerdo[Pick Up The Fork]
There was a day when I wasn’t allowed to eat pork. Bacon, pork belly, ham, sausages, ribs, chops, salami, and a whole wonderful world of the other white meat remained unkosherly off-bounds in my...

Life Out Loud: English Stand-up Comedy in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
Life Out Loud (LOL) is an English stand-up comedy night that recently arrived in Buenos Aires. It is held every Tuesday in the Big Apple, a bar/restaurant reminiscent of New York and its...

Monday, 16 June 2014

Renting in Argentina[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingUncategorizedWe just finished negotiating our renewal lease and I’m very happy with the results – a 23.3% increase for the first year and an additional 24.3% increase for the second...

Sunday, 15 June 2014

What’s Messi Eating For Dinner? Argentina’s World Cup Diet[Pick Up The Fork]
Ever wonder what Messi and the Argentine fútbol team eat? Well C5N has us covered…. 14 DIFFERENT types of salads at EVERY meal. This probably includes the Rusky mayo-based ensalada rusa, and then...

Saturday, 14 June 2014

15 “Food on the Quick” spots in Buenos Aires[Encounter Argentina]
There are many ways and styles of planning and a trip, but I guess that we all agree that everyone wants to get the most out of available time. When there are so many things to do in such a big city...

Friday, 13 June 2014

Organisations Lift Carpa Villera[The Argentina Independent]
The organisations behind the Carpa Villera announced that they will end the protest this afternoon, removing the tent set up by the Obelisco and ending the hunger strikes.The post Organisations Lift...

New Kid on the Block: Aramburu Bis[La Panza Porteña]
Spinoffs aren’t always the best idea. I mean, how many people actually watched “Joey“? See what I mean? But when matters are handled by a master, the results can be much more successful. Enter...

Guest Blogger: Marina Charles[Inside Buenos Aires]
Marina Charles, co-founder of graffitimundo, shares her favourite art hot spots in Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is home to some extremely creative talents, particularly within the street art scene. We...

Thursday, 12 June 2014

Ninina Bakery[Noruega en Argentina]
In the on-going series “We Love Carbs”, I have checked out yet another bakery, this one located in Palermo Soho. Ninina Bakery opened earlier this year and is a delicious addition to the...

Winter is Coming: Snow Locations in Argentina[Filming in Argentina]
By contributing blogger Benjamín Harguindey Winter is coming! Not to Westeros Game of Thrones fans but to Argentina. Every mid-June to late September Argentina offers a rich diversity of winter...

Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Neo-Nazi Party Given Legal Status[The Argentina Independent]
Judge Ariel Lijo approved an application by Bandera Vecinal to become a registered political party. This party is led by Alejandro Biondini, known for his Nazi sympathies.The post Neo-Nazi Party...

Monday, 09 June 2014

House on Av. 9 de Julio Given Heritage Status[The Argentina Independent]
The house built on top of a nine-storey building on Av. 9 de Julio, in downtown Buenos Aires, was given heritage status last week.The post House on Av. 9 de Julio Given Heritage Status appeared first...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back