Daily Url - June 29

webteam

Administrator
Friday, 28 June 2013

On Now: John Lennon, His New York Years (1971 – 1980)[The Argentina Independent]
Bob Gruen's photos of John Lennon, on display at the Centro Cultural Recoleta, present a remarkable look at the man behind the legend, capturing his most intimate moments in the city where he found...

Buenos Aires Teachers Rally against Proposed Education Reforms[The Argentina Independent]
The Union of Education Workers (UTE) protested outside Cabildo today to reject the city government’s proposed changes to the secondary school curriculum.

Yayoi Kusama at the MALBA[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by swh) The new MALBA exhibit, featuring renowned Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama’s work, kicks off this weekend promising a full house of art enthusiasts. The artist, who is known for her...

Galeria Mar Dulce: Limited Edition[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Galeria Mar Dulce is hosting a Limited Edition Print show featuring South American Print Makers, June 29th – 17th of August, 2013. What is …

Barrio Chino[The Gill Family]
It's true that there are lots of items from home that you cannot find in Argentina - our unbelievably full luggage on the way back from the US can attest to that - but there is one place that seems...

Thursday, 27 June 2013

YPF: US$5bn Compensation Offer Rejected by Repsol[The Argentina Independent]
Spanish oil giant Repsol’s board has unanimously rejected Argentina’s US$5bn compensation offer for last year’s expropriation of YPF, stating that the offer “does not reflect Repsol’s loss” In April...

Heavy Rain Causes Part of Iguazú National Park to Close[The Argentina Independent]
Some tourist sectors of the Iguazú falls were closed yesterday due to the effects of heavy rain in southern Brazil and in the province of Misiones in Argentina. Several river settlements were also...

Organic Street Market in Caballito[BA Travel Guide]
The main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, on Saturday, June 22, and Sunday, June 23, 2013, from 10am to 6pm, with free access...

Argentine Monuments: Saturnalia[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Mathieu Bertrand Struck) The Botanical Gardens in Palermo are one of the neighborhood’s most popular attractions with its array of vegetation, greenhouses and cats to match. There are also...

Diana Ross – Saturday 6th July 2013[LiveBA]
Diana Ross I’m coming out…….I want the world to know, gonna let it show. A true pop diva who has spanned decades after being part of one of the most famous girl bands ever – The Supremes. A true...

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Top 4 Tango Cafes in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
Everyone knows that Buenos Aires is the capital of tango. The passion, intensity, and the carefully executed moves are without a doubt exciting to watch! But if you’re looking for a more low-key...

Argentine Talents: Quino[Inside Buenos Aires]
One of the most emblematic characters of Argentine culture is a little girl named Mafalda. Through her eyes, locals and foreigners alike have reflected on society and humanity’s many contradictions....

Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Graphic Novels from Comun[Encounter Argentina]
In the past month, I’ve posted a few suggestions for ways to practice your Argentine Spanish through different media — La gente anda diciendo and Cualca — and now here’s the third installment on...

Ciudad Emergente street art by Ice and Oz[BA Street Art]
Ice and Oz finished a stunning new mural at Ciudad Emergente in the Patio de Tilos at Centro Cultural Recoleta last night. It’s entitled ‘Ciudad Emergencia’ (City Emergency) and features many of...

Monday, 24 June 2013

Sweet on Sweet Buenos Aires: Indulging My Sweet Tooth in Palermo[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
By Sharon Salt. Kelly Poindexter is a Wisconsin native, second time expat. When she was a girl, she remembers thinking she was an actual princess …

The Vulture Capitalists Plan to Smear Argentina[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in NewsThere’s a good amount of well-deserved negative press regarding Argentina’s failed economic policies and its world standing after defaulting on its debt obligations in 2001. In fact,...

One Table with Hernán Gipponi[Pick Up The Fork]
Maybe I’m spoiled, hard to please, or just turning into one of those irritating food snobs, but rarely do I encounter a truly memorable restaurant dining experience. I’m talking about the big L, the...

Good-bye[The Confused Canadian]
So this will probably be my last blog in Argentina. It's weird. It's sad. It's exciting. I have no idea how I feel. I have given Argentina young motherhood and my thirties. The big 4-0 is only...

Sunday, 23 June 2013

Un Día Peronista or Argentina’s Got Talent?[The 5th Floor]
Today didn’t start well. Waking up with a bit of a hangover, I was immediately presented with the realisation that I am gay. You may reasonably ask whether this was inspired by some experimental...

Friday, 21 June 2013

A Total Sausage Fest: El Rey del Chori – The Chorizo King of San Telmo[Pick Up The Fork]
Follow the smoke signals and the barbecue parrilla smells to escape the Sunday San Telmo Market bustle and enter into a parking garage turned sausage wonderland. Chorizos, bondiolas, beer, wine and...

Crossing the Andes[Katti99]
A few years back, Argentina was paralyzed by the ashes of a Chilean volcano. Days and days, again and again, the airports in Buenos Aires were closed. So it came as no surprise that one day we got...

Winter in Buenos Aires 2013[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by whl.travel) As the chill of Winter creeps up, top options for Buenos Aires touring include getting to know its booming art scene, stopping at traditional cafes for warm drinks in cozy...

Thursday, 20 June 2013

Free exhibition of Drawings from the personal collection of Fernando Botero[BA Travel Guide]
The National Museum of Fine Arts in Buenos Aires has inaugurated the exhibition “Botero, drawings on canvas and paper”, a display of 50 drawings created between 1973 and 2011 by the great Colombian...

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

How to Dress for Tango Shows in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
There are not a shortage of tango shows in Buenos Aires, and they each offer something unique in their shows, from traditional and intimate to extravagant theatrical performances. Most suggest a...

What to Eat at Feria de Mataderos[Encounter Argentina]
Because I live in San Telmo, I usually go to the San Telmo Fair if I feel like going to a fair at all. But last week, I was finally ready to drag myself elsewhere and persuaded a few friends to come...

Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Argentine Talents: Mercedes Sosa[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Wuniatu) Mercedes Sosa, affectionately known as La Negra, was one of the greatest local folklore artists in Argentina. Her voice was known in all of Latin America and she performed in New...

Lost in Translation?[The 5th Floor]
So I go to Diego’s, my local Chino as we refer to the Chinese run supermarkets of the barrio, which stay open late and serve the local community with necessities including beer and credit. Diego is a...

Monday, 17 June 2013

CUALCA: Listening Comprehension & Laughs[Encounter Argentina]
For a while, I struggled to find interesting, engaging, and accessible media in Argentine Spanish, mostly because I didn’t know where to look. Eventually I found things I really love, though, and now...

La Sarmiento[Katti99]
This Beautiful Frigate named after President Sarmiento, was the first Argentine schooling frigate. It was build in 1897 in England, has traveled around the world 39 times, sailed one million sea...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back