Daily URL - June 5th

webteam

Administrator
Tuesday, 05 June 2012

Argentina’s National Library[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Halloween HJB) Argentina’s National Library testifies to the long literary and academic tradition that the country boasts. It is of a great historical, architectural and of course cultural...

Lean Frizzera paints new mural in Villa Urquiza[BA Street Art]
Lean Frizzera has been working on a stunning new mural on the side of an apartment block in Villa Urquiza. It’s the highest piece Lean’s painted to date and stands at 25 metres high. Here are a few...

Monday, 04 June 2012

2nd Organic street market in San Telmo[BA Travel Guide]
After the success of the first event presented last April, the main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, with free access to the...

New Kindle Books: The Gringo Guide To Spanish[Gringo in BA]
Many folks may have noticed the lack of new posts around these parts the last couple months. We have been hard at work on creating some new Kindle books that we are very excited to share with you...

Government Declares British Oil Companies in Falklands “Illegitimate”[The Argentina Independent]
Share/BookmarkFive British oil companies operating in the Falklands—Rockhopper, Desire Petroleum, Falkland Oil and Gas, Borders & Southern, and Argos Resources—have been warned that exploration...

2012 Argentine Recipe Contest[Seashells and Sunflowers]
In the spirit of sharing delicious Argentine recipes (and a bit of friendly competition), I'm pleased to announce that I'm now accepting submissions for the 2012 Seashells and Sunflowers Argentine...

Saturday, 02 June 2012

Airfare Deals to Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in TravelWe’re always on the lookout for good airfare deals to Buenos Aires being that normal coach fares are now over $1400. So when we came across two recent deals, we knew we had to share...

Friday, 01 June 2012

Subte: The Floundering Buenos Aires Subway[Wander Argentina]
Part of the daily grind for residents, visitors will find the Buenos Aires subte provides fluorescent-hued flickerings of insight into the lives of porteños of all incomes. In among tired workers,...

Youth Culture Festival "Ciudad Emergente" 2012[BA Travel Guide]
The fifth edition of Ciudad Emergente, the Festival of the youth culture, will take place from Wednesday 6 to Sunday 10 of June, 2012 at Centro Cultural Recoleta.This Festival, organized by the...

Foto of the Week from … Buenos Aires – Tacky[The Travel Chica]
What they do to the Casa Rosada at night is just wrong. What is the tackiest building you have seen (day or night)? Check out more Fotos of the Week from Argentina!

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

“Sabor A Mendoza” Seeks to Expand Argentina Olive Oil Tourism[InvestBA]
Mendoza is a unique Argentine province with multiple trails devoted to promoting local industry and generating more inbound tourism. First there was the Wine Trail, then came the Golf Trail and now...

Apartment Hunting in Buenos Aires: a few useful tips![Buenos Aires 4U]
When you travel to Buenos Aires, the first few questions you may ask yourself are surely the following: 1. During your stay, would it be cheaper to book a hotel or rent an apartment? ...

Eating My Way Through BA Part 8: A Lesson in Steak and a Heart Attack Dessert[The Travel Chica]
After delving into unknown territory for a Vietnamese experience at Green Bamboo, I go back to the classic Argentine meal. Steak and Red Wine I have eaten a lot of steak in Buenos Aires from the...

Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Made in Argentina[Rabner in Argentina]
This past weekend being un puente turístico – holiday weekend – and patriotic one at that (El 25 de mayo – El Día de la Patria) with Argentine flags flying everywhere, I got to thinking, while in...

Monday, 28 May 2012

Eating My Way Through BA Part 7: My Vietnamese Adventure[The Travel Chica]
Traveling in Latin America has made me realize that I have yet to explore many cuisines from around the world. Even though there are plenty of excellent ethnic restaurants in the US, including my...

Thursday, 24 May 2012

Free app for Buenos Aires[City of Faded Elegance]
To celebrate the long holiday weekend here in Argentina & the U.S. (as well as my return to blogging about Buenos Aires) the 4 Days in Buenos Aires app for iPhone is free for this weekend. And, if...

Long Weekend Activities in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Carlos Adampol) Friday Don´t miss the Patriot brunch at Hernán Gipponi Restaurant on the ground floor of Fierro Hotel. Other special Argentine cuisine menus will be offered for the...

Voluez Bar | Sticky Warm Medialunas | Palermo[The Lost Asian]
Voluez Bar http://www.voulezbar.com.ar/ Cerviño 3801, Palermo, Buenos Aires 4802 4817 Sticky, warm, fluffy medialunas. Just the sound of that just got me to turn off the stove, un-crack those eggs...

TripAdvisor: Buenos Aires Named The #1 Destination in Latin America[InvestBA]
50 million unique monthly visitors can’t be wrong. TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel website, has just released their 2012 Travelers’ Choice Awards and Buenos Aires was named the #1 destination...

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

The Top 3 Buenos Aires Attractions and What You Can Do Nearby[LandingPadBA]
Like it or not, if you’re not from Buenos Aires and you come here, you’re a tourist. There’s nothing wrong with that, but we have the opportunity to turn you into the most badass tourist out there....

Almagro—A Slice of Middle Class Porteño Life[Wander Argentina]
Almagro, an area which borders no less than eight other neighborhoods, is often overlooked by tourists. It therefore remains an unspoiled, authentic and appealing slice of middle-class porteño life....

Eating My Way Through BA Part 6: Porteña Gourmet[The Travel Chica]
Do you know what Porteña Gourmet is? (And you do pronounce the “t” in gourmet in Argentina.) Neither did I until I heard about Tomo 1. It is best explained on their website. The concept of “porteño...

Tuesday, 22 May 2012

A Return to Buenos Aires[City of Faded Elegance]
The inactivity on this blog was largely due to my absence from Buenos Aires for 2010 & 2011. I spent that time down on the coast of Argentina in a very small place called Mar del Sur, which proved...

Recoleta - A First Love[The Confused Canadian]
RecoletaWhile we live in the suburbs, we spent our first first two and half years living in Argentina, in Recoleta. With two very small kids it was the perfect time of life for us to have a city...

Monday, 21 May 2012

Eating My Way Through BA Part 5: Cubierto is Mala Onda[The Travel Chica]
I hate cubierto. In fact, I have already written about how ridiculous some restaurants in Buenos Aires are with their cubierto. For those who have yet to experience the irritation of being charged...

Saturday, 19 May 2012

The migrants who didn’t make it to Buenos Aires[Argen-times]
When the Italian transatlantic steamer the Sirio foundered off the coast of Spain on a hot afternoon in August 1906, 300 passengers, most of them Italian and Spanish migrants on their way to a new...

Friday, 18 May 2012

Foto of the Week from … Buenos Aires: Confiteria El Molino[The Travel Chica]
Confiteria El Molino Located next to the Palacio de Congreso, Confiteria Molino has an interesting story. I had seen this interesting, historical building before but did not know the story behind...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back