Daily Url, Mar 5

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Wednesday, 04 March

New Efforts To Repatriate Borges’ Remains[The Argentine Post]
... two weeks ago lawmaker Maria Beatriz Lenz opened a storm of controversy by declaring her intention to request that the writer’s earthly remains be repatriated to Buenos Aires ...

Poking Fun at Expats (Americans) In Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires]
So, today seems to be the day to make fun of Americans escaping the economic crisis and heading to Buenos Aires to take advantage of the strong dollar. I actually am quite proud of myself for having ...

Cultura para Respirar[In search of Macondo]
A rapturous applause and a standing ovation greets the close of a summer festival. This is no Glastonbury or Last Night of the Proms ...

Trendwatch: I-Bankers Invade Buenos Aires[As Belgrano Byrnes...]
This week’s sign that the apocalypse is upon us…… According to a “Trendwatch” report posted today on Gawker , Buenos Aires is now attracting a whole new slew of Ex-Pats: laid-off investment ba...

Free Tango and Folkrore concerts[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The Argentine music orchestra "Juan de Dios Filiberto" presents a series of free concerts in March 2009 , dedicated to tango and folklore. Program: Wednesday 4: Tango concert, directed b...

National Symphonic Orchestra Season Begins[Argentina's Travel Guide]
Master Pedro Ignacio Calderòn will lead the National Symphonic Orchestra in 2009, starting with Friday, March 13th, at the concert venue Bolsa de Comercio de Buenos Aires.* Works by Beethoven, Saint-...

Incurious[SaltShaker]
In politics I am growing indifferent - I would like it, if I could now return to my planting and books at home.” - Ulysses S. Grant, former president of the U.S.A. Ushuaia, T...

The Romance Dies in the Rain[micheleandtom.com]
Existing without a car and traveling by walking, colectivo (city bus), or cab is part of the fun of living in a city with more density than Portland, Oregon. Leaving the car behind allows us to ex...

Odd Houses in Tandil[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
Bizarre, chalet-inspired houses are all over the country, not just in Buenos Aires. Here are a few from Tandil. I like how in the two houses above their shared wall makes them appear like a single...

Rain in BA[Buenos Aires Daily]
This is the weather this morning. It’s been so warm lately. Finally the rain showed up last night. The worse thing in BA is that when it rains for a long period of time, or when it rains a LOT ...

Argentine campaign urges Catholics to quit church[Reuters]
In an effort to reduce the church's political influence, Argentine atheists and feminists are spearheading a drive to get people who were baptized Roman Catholic but disagree with the church's politics to formally renounce their faith.

Buenos Aires Ruined By I-Bankers[Gawker]
If you ever idly considered going to Buenos Aires to enjoy its humid subtropical climate, tango music, and world famous zoo, just forget it. The entire city is now populated by laid-off American bankers.

Tuesday, 03 March

Plaza de Mayo, 1898[Buenos Aires, City of Faded Elegance]
Not a very good quality photograph but shows a festive Plaza de Mayo for Christmas 1898.

Monday, 02 March

Hairtastrophe[micheleandtom.com]
A benefit of blogging about daily life is that when crappy things occur, I find myself thinking, at least this will make a good blog post . (Of course, best case scenario is when something crappy...

Gualeguaychú[The Life Less Travelled]
On the weekend I went to the Carnival in Gualeguaychú. It's held every Saturday starting the first week of the year and it continues until the first week on March. From what I've been told it's a mini...

Global marketplaces: San Telmo Perspective (video) [BBC]
The BBC has been visiting markets around the world to find out how the global recession is hitting ordinary shoppers and traders. The antiques market in San Telmo ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back