Daily URL - March 19th

webteam

Administrator
Monday, 19 March 2012

The Air Really Is Beautiful[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Have you noticed how Buenos Aires has a smell? When I catch a whiff of it on my walk home and my heart warms in my chest. I inhale the city and it moves through my veins, mixing with my …

Sunday, 18 March 2012

El rincón cultural – What the hell is a confiteria?[Rabner in Argentina]
So, we all know about the well-documented parrillas and emapanada joints/pizzerias that dominate the eating culture here but there’s one other type of gastronomic locale in Buenos Aires that seems to...

Saturday, 17 March 2012

Terry Fox Run . . . In Buenos Aires[The Confused Canadian]
Getting Ready To RunToday is a special day not only because it's St. Patrick's day (a celebratory cocktail will come later) but because our school hosted a Terry Fox 4K Family Fun Run. The Force and...

Princess Treats at La Reina Dulce[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
After a grueling workout in the park, Amelia (Check her amazing work out HERE) and I went for a girly coffee date on the charming Soho sidewalk seating of Reina Dulce (Sweet Queen), a place I walk by...

Friday, 16 March 2012

St Patrick’s Day in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by csuspect) It may seem odd that Buenos Aires celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with such fervor, but actually, when you combine the local party lifestyle and the fact that Argentina has the 5th...

More than just the widest street in the world![Buenos Aires 4U]
Everymajor city in the world has a famous main avenue, New York has 5thAvenue and Paris has the Champs Elysees. Buenos Aires is no exception to the rule and likeits steak sizes, the Porteños did...

Thursday, 15 March 2012

El rincón idiomático – If the shoe fits…[Rabner in Argentina]
With kids constantly growing, the need to constantly buy new clothes is apparent when you’re going to be in a a country for more than a short time. Argentina has very unique names for many types of...

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Visiting Carilo[The Gill Family]
Carilo's "City Center"As I mentioned in the Beach Baby post, we took our first full-week vacation in Argentina since arriving here in 2009 and went to a little beach community called Carilo. This...

El rincón cultural – El kiosco – the Argentine carry-all store[Rabner in Argentina]
When I think of stores that are really unique and really represent the culture of Argentina, not too many come to mind. There are plenty of stores that are typical of most Latin American countries...

Reserva Ecológica Costanera Sur[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by lbonini) One of the most spectacular views of the city can be found at the ecologic reserve behind Puerto Madero. This spot of nature in the city has a curious story that began with humans...

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

El rincón idiomático – Cross… at your own risk![Rabner in Argentina]
Having lived in the NYC area most of my life, I’m used to walking around the city and, for the most part, feel pretty comfortable with it. Even though there are plenty of crazy drivers there...

Monday, 12 March 2012

El rincón idiomático – las letras[Rabner in Argentina]
When taking Spanish in high school one of the things that I always found weird about the Spanish language was their inclusion of extra letters beyond the typical Latin ones. El alfabeto español...

Sunday, Lovely Sunday[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
You know what? I had an awesome weekend. I spent Friday night surfing Pinterest (Follow me!), which is having a devastating influence on my social life. I gave myself a particularly creative...

Sunday, 11 March 2012

The Mighty Alfajore: A Taste Test[Twenty-Something Travel]
Forget candy bars, Alfajores are a national obsession here in Argentina. Originating in the Middle East then transforming once in Spain and again in Argentina, the modern Alfajore is a large cookie...

Friday, 09 March 2012

El rincón idiomático – Sandwich![Rabner in Argentina]
Ok, truth be told, I’m not always the nicest son. I think most kids at some point or another – particularly around those teenage years – endlessly correct their parents about things and reject them...

On Being Fat in Argentina[Seashells and Sunflowers]
Compared to the United States, shopping for clothes in Argentina is a breeze. In fact, most of the time, I don't even have to leave my house. I'd like to attribute this phenomenon to an increase in...

Tarta de Membrillo y Mascarpone[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Dulce de Membrillo was one of the many bizarre food products I had the pleasure of meeting in Argentina. This gelatinous fruit byproduct is an ubiquitous member of the distinguished list of...

Thursday, 08 March 2012

5 Emblematic Women in Argentine History[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com) Cecilia Grierson – 1859-1934 Cecilia Grierson was the first female doctor in the country. She graduated from the University of Buenos Aires as a...

Porota Cocina de Herencia[Pick Up The Fork]
This tiny kiosco-sized café may be small, but you’d be surprised to see the wide selection of deliciousness that comes out of Porota’s cozy kitchen. Sandwiches, tartas, awesome lunch specials,...

BAF - Buenos AIres Fashion[The Confused Canadian]
Watching A Show!The Force and I spent our first six and half years of marriage living in smaller centres. So when we arrived in Buenos Aires, a huge city renowned for culture it was overwhelming to...

Friday, 17 February 2012

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream![The Confused Canadian]
We moved to Buenos Aires nearly seven years ago with a two-year-old and a newborn. Needless to say, we have eaten a lot of ice cream. Ice cream is just fantastic in Buenos Aires. So I'm going to...

Friday, 03 February 2012

Café San Juan: Worth the Hype[Pick Up The Fork]
If Tony Hawk and Chef Ludo had a love baby, it would probably come out something like Leandro Cristóbol of the acclaimed Café San Juan. Sexy Argentine celebrity mega chef, total groso in the...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back