Daily Url, March 21

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, 20 March

Skinheads Sentenced to Work at Holocaust Museum[Care2]
Two skinheads also were sentenced to work as janitors for fifty hours in Buenos Aires' Holocaust museum and will have to participate in "educational and cultural" activities offered by the museum.

Friday, 19 March

Cancha de River[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Built by the military dictatorship for the 1978 World Cup, which Argentina won, the stadium, also known as El Monumental, is the home field for the River Plate Futbol Club. Anything related...

Ford, JWT Bring Drama & Trucks to the Masses[InvestBA.com]
Ranger Y Yo: Ford & JWT tapped local legends and creative talent in launching the new Ranger in BA. Borges…Cortázar…Ranger? Lovers of Latin American literature know Argenti...

Buenos Aires Theaters & Teatro Colón[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
Like every big city, Buenos Aires has a thriving theater scene. The ‘Broadway’ of Buenos Aires is the section of Avenida Corrientes that’s between Avenida 9 de Julio and Callao. Most of the city’...

National icons[Buenos Aires Daily]
Interesting to see that in this picture are gathered some of the most recognizable Argentinian icons, from left to right: El Che, Evita, Gardel, Maradona and some kids with a soccer ball and soccer T...

Thursday, 18 March

Dancing to Tango Nuevo in Buenos Aires[Argentina's Travel Guide]
Tango has been filling the streets of Buenos Aires for centuries but in recent years the milongas (dances) have been moving to a different beat. Welcome to the era of alternative tango! Nuevo ta...

Buenos Aires Architecture: A Quick Guide[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
Do you have a favorite building in Buenos Aires? Mine is the one on the corner of Belgrano and Perú in San Telmo (see a picture of it here ). The bottom two floors are nothing special – just ro...

Les Avant-Premières - French cinema film series[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The second efition of Les Avant-Premières , a French film series that will feature the best French movies to be premiered during 2010, will take place between Thursday, March 18th and Wednesday,...

Wednesday, 17 March

Almost Half of Porteños Approve of Gay Marriage[The Argentine Post]
Almost half of the people living in Buenos Aires support gay marriage, according to a new survey.The survey, published Wednesday by the polling firm Ibarómetro, indicates that 48.4% of Porteños...

Buenos Aires Sex Hotels Revealed. Its Telo Time![Gringo in Buenos Aires]
It’s possible to divide the countries of the world into two categories: those that have pay-by-the-hour hotels, and those that don’t. It’s not a big concept in Australia or the United States, for...

Grete Stern (Malba)[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
Today I went to the Malba. Some time ago there was an exhibition of Andy Warhol that was not really worth a visit, but now there is an exhibition of Grete Stern that is really good. She made phot...

Tuesday, 16 March

Temazo Tuesday[The Buenos Aires Life]
It's been a while since I posted a Temazo Tuesday...sometimes life just gets in the way of things, I suppose. But now its back, so no worries! On another note, I can't believe how fast summer turne...

Society Without Change? Advantage Monedero.[InvestBA.com]
The change shortage in Buenos Aires is good news for e-payment solution providers like Monedero. Brother, can you spare a dime? Or a quarter? Or any coins for that matter? Increasingly ...

Estancias of Argentina: Get Your Wild West On[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
Feel like getting your Wild West on? You’ve come to the right country. Argentina’s answer to the North American Midwest, the Pampas, is a vast plain that stretches to the south and west of Buenos...

What’s the Beef?[The Argentimes]
Ask any Argentine on the street if they've noticed the drastic leap in the price of beef since the beginning of the year and you're assured to receive an emphatic yes, likely followed by a well practi...

Ugi's Index - March 2010[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Last year I wrote up a detailed post on The Ugi's Index . It's sort of a local version of the Economist's Big Mac Index which tracks the price, in dollars, of Big Mac's around the world as a mea...

Ski centers in Argentina[Places to visit in Argentina]
In a few months, Ski season is starting in Argentina, and I though it was a good time to post an article of Argentina´s ski centers. Most of the ski centers in Argentina are in Mendoza, ...

Argentina’s Top Luxury Hotels… Outside of Buenos Aires![Argentina's Travel Guide]
With a reputation for high end travel and being one of the most modern countries in Latin America, it’s no surprise that Argentina should also be leading in luxury hotels. However, the high end lodgi...

Monday, 15 March

Football Hooligans in Buenos Aires, The Barra Brava[LandingPadBA]
La Barra Brava in Argentina is what we like to call hooligans. This term pretty much always goes hand-in-hand with fútbol (soccer) fans, as they are ...

Right-Wing Coalition Set to Win Congressional Elections in Colombia[The Argentimes]
With almost 94% of the votes from yesterday’s election counted, the ruling conservative coalition has won a majority of seats in the Colombian congress. ‘La U’, the right-wing party behind the current...

The magic of Beauty and the Beast returns to Buenos Aires[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Just like 12 years ago, when more than 200 thousand people enjoyed the marvelous spectacle in our country, the adaptation in Spanish of the original Broadway production " Beauty and the Beast" opens...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back