Daily URL - March 29th

webteam

Administrator
Thursday, 29 March 2012

Truck Driver Strike Planned for Downtown Buenos Aires[The Argentina Independent]
Share/BookmarkThe downtown core of Buenos Aires is set to be jammed by striking truck drivers tomorrow, fighting against 2,300 lost jobs with the supermarket Eki. The strike is planned to last 24...

Gnocchi Roundup![Buenos Aires Foodies]
A few fellow food bloggers all took on the challenge of cooking 5 different Gnocchi recipes. Don’t miss their delicious creations below. Typically in Argentina, gnocchi’s are made every 29th of the...

How to spend Semana Santa in Buenos Aires?[Buenos Aires 4U]
When is Semana Santa and Easter 2012?:Semana Santa, or Holy Week, takes place theweek before Easter and includes thereligious holydays of Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday and HolySaturday....

Bye Bye American Pie at the MALBA[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Nan Goldin photography by anti.deity) The MALBA museum of Latin American Art inaugurates today a much awaited exhibit on American Contemporary Art. Named after Don McLean’s song American Pie, ...

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Visit La Confitería Del Molino before it’s too late![Buenos Aires 4U]
As you walk around the city of Buenos Aires, it is not hard to be taken aback by its architectural beauty and grand,historical buildings that tower over the streets of Buenos Aires. Due to the...

Subte Transfer in its Final Stages[The Argentina Independent]
Share/BookmarkThe Chamber of Deputies will vote today to ratify the agreement to transfer the six subte lines, premetro, 33 bus networks and Puerto Madero tramlike to the city government. The lower...

President Pledges to Conduct “Trade Wars” in “the Most Civilsed and Legal Way”[The Argentina Independent]
Share/BookmarkPresident Cristina Fernández de Kirchner has criticised U.S. president Barack Obama’s decision to temporarily suspend trade with Argentina. Speaking at the Government House, the...

Don Julio | Parrilla to Impress | Palermo | The Lost Asian[Buenos Aires Restaurant and Food Reviews | The Lost Asian]
Don Julio Guatemala 4691 esquina Gurruchaga, Palermo, Buenos Aires 4831 9564 If you are going back and forth about places to eat in the overwhelming lists of parrillas, restaurants, and cafes in...

Cocina Sunae Strikes Again[Pick Up The Fork]
There’s a reason puerta cerrada Cocina Sunae has been written up in international and local publications, Chef Christina Sunae has been featured on El Gourmet channel, and it’s become one of the most...

Colón Theatre 2012 Autumn Program[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Gobierno de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires) The Colón Theatre is one of the city`s most popular attractions. It is internationally known for its beautiful architecture and impeccable acoustics....

Aerolineas Announces Daily Flights from BA To San Rafael, Mendoza[InvestBA]
Great news for one of our favorite destinations in Mendoza: Beginning this Sunday, Aerolineas will begin daily direct service between Buenos Aires and San Rafael. We fell in love with San Rafael (aka...

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

El ricón idiomático – That bites![Rabner in Argentina]
While the traditional parrilla/asado fare is very Argentine and, though perhaps not the spectacular grass-fed marvel of the past, still really great stuff, there are always beef dishes that you miss...

Ciudanza 2012[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by pollobarba) Starting this Thursday, three city parks will be displaying unique contemporary dance performances for the Ciudanza festival, which seeks to fuse dance with urban landscapes. ...

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Cafe by Day, Bar by Night, Japanese All the Time[SaltShaker]
Over my time (3 decades plus now) in the restaurant business, I’ve never quite figured out how a restaurant can completely change its character between lunch and dinner service. I understand there...

Getting Your Buenos Aires Driver’s License[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingI previously wrote about driving in Buenos Aires, now I’ll write about getting your driver’s license in Buenos Aires. Now, you may be saying, “Wait, shouldn’t the order of these two...

Getting Your Buenos Aires Driver’s License[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingI previously wrote about driving in Buenos Aires, now I’ll write about getting your driver’s license in Buenos Aires. Now, you may be saying, “Wait, shouldn’t the order of these two...

Friday, 23 March 2012

Medialunas[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Real Distan) Anyone who has spent at least a day in Buenos Aires has probably come across the medialuna, a pastry commonly known around the world as a croissant, with it´s own local flair...

Cerveza Otro Mundo[Buenos Aires Foodies]
Although not very well known, Argentina has a few very high quality artesanal beers. Fortunately the high standards are starting to trickle down to the mass produced beers as well, mainly at the...

Thursday, 22 March 2012

Walmart Argentina Launches Virtual Shopping With New Smartphone App[InvestBA]
The world’s largest retailer is rolling out a revolutionary app that might save you a trip to the store. According to Mercado, Walmart Argentina is launching the first mobile application that lets...

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

El rincón idiomático – Am I nitpicking?[Rabner in Argentina]
When I thought about a way to make this post interesting I had to delve deep into my scalp… I mean brain. I must admit that with my life as busy as ever (hence little time to write) and with 110...

Watch US Television from Argentina[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in TechOne of the complaints that most expats in Argentina have is missing television from home. There have been a few options: set up a Slingbox, use torrents to download shows, set up a...

Sunday, 18 March 2012

Why Bilingual Children Are Smarter[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in Uncategorizedhttp://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/opinion/sunday/the-benefits-of-bilingualism.html?_r=1I guess this is a good gift to give my daughter. Now, if only I could get up to speed...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back