Daily Url, May 15

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 14 May

Argentine Peso to Slide Beyond 4[Bloomberg]
Argentine President will allow the peso to weaken beyond 4 per dollar by year-end to bolster tax revenue from commodity exports and ease the government’s financing needs...

A business without a boss[Latinamerica]
Interview with Marcelo Ruarte, of Hotel Bauen, a “recovered” business

Wednesday, 13 May

Introducing the Kiosko, Chino, Supermercado, and the Verdulería[micheleandtom.com]
There are four types of stores around which our world revolves: the kiosko , the Chino , the supermercado , and the verdulería . In general, when moving to Buenos Aires, I would recommend living...

Congreso Tour in English[The Argentimes]
It may be a reflection of the country’s timekeeping that this tour starts a little late. When our guide Silvia arrives to pick us up from the lobby (on the Hipólito Irigoyen side of the building) at 4...

A Celebration of Mexican Art at Malba[The Argentimes]
The current exhibition at the Malba is a celebration of Mexican painting and photography. Featuring works from the early 20th century to the 1960s, it provides an overview of the artistic movements in...

Tuesday, 12 May

73% Of Argentina’s Software Is Pirated[The Argentine Post]
Almost three quarters of all the software in Argentina is “trucho,” or pirated, according to the new Sixth Annual Global Software Piracy Study.
“The worldwide PC software piracy...

International Museum Day[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
For the celebration of the International Museum Day , the Sub Secretary of Culture invites the public to visit the Museums of Buenos Aires, that will open their doors with free entrance on Monday...

Fruterias - Imprenta[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
It's been awhile since I've posted any photos of fruterias. Both of these are in La Imprenta, this tony section of Belgrano next to Las Cañitas. I remember my friend Stephen commenting on th...

Monday, 11 May

Teatro Colón 2009 Season[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The Teatro Colon de Buenos Aires will remain closed for renovations during 2009. However, the program of activities of the theater's companies continues at an alternative venue, the Teatro Coliseo...

Great Buildings of Buenos Aires: Planetarium "Galileo Galilei"[Places to visit in Argentina]
When I was a kid I loved visiting the Planetarium, a sort of astronomy museum with meteorites and space images all over the place. Whilst you were sitting in the Planetarium you could...

Saturday, 09 May

Two Takes on Steaks[SaltShaker]
Did you ever see the customers in health-food stores? They are pale, skinny people who look half dead. In a steak house, you see robust, ruddy people. They’re dying, of course, but they ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back