Daily Url - May 18Th

webteam

Administrator
Friday, 16 May 2014

Major Dinosaur Discoveries in Patagonia[The Argentina Independent]
Two separate dinosaur remains have been discovered in Patagonia this week, in what paleontologists are calling "unique" finds.The post Major Dinosaur Discoveries in Patagonia appeared first on The...

Feria PuroDiseño 2014[BA Travel Guide]
The 2014 edition of Feria PuroDiseño, that will take place from May 20th to May 25th, 2014, at the Pabellón Amarillo in La Rural, will exhibit the avant-garde works of over 350 designers in the...

Thursday, 15 May 2014

World Bank Report Highlights Argentine Welfare State[The Argentina Independent]
A new report by the World Bank has lauded Argentina's increased social spending, highlighting that the country now invests the most in relation to GDP in the world.The post World Bank Report...

Traffic Chaos after Piqueteros Block 9 de Julio[The Argentina Independent]
Downtown Buenos Aires is experiencing traffic chaos after social groups and unions set up camp on the 16-lane 9 de Julio, demanding that the City Government raise salaries and add more jobs. The post...

Guest Blogger: Daniel Tunnard[Inside Buenos Aires]
Author Daniel Tunnard shares some train and food spotting highlights in and around Buenos Aires. As the author of Colectivaizeishon, el inglés que tomó todos los colectivos de Buenos Aires...

"Grossout" Wines? Bargains from Argentina, Chile & Elsewhere[Southern Cone Travel]
Recently, on the BA Expatswebsite forum in which I occasionally participate, there’s been a debateabout where to buy wines in BuenosAires. Leaving aside considerations of price, the consensus is...

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

President to be Investigated Over Vaca Muerta Deal[The Argentina Independent]
A Buenos Aires court has ordered an investigation be opened on the Chevron-YPF deal for the exploitation of the Vaca Muerta oil field, which would involve president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner.The...

Leaving Argentina[The Gill Family]
We knew that living in Argentina was not to last forever, and we knew the end was near for a solid six months. There are many things that you can do to prepare for a large international move, and I...

6th Buenos Aires International Circus Festival[BA Travel Guide]
The 6th Buenos Aires International Circus Festival, organized by the Ministry of Culture of the City of Buenos Aires, will take place between May 15 and May 25, 2014.The Festival will offer the...

Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Mataderos Fair moves for one day to Avenida de Mayo[BA Travel Guide]
On Saturday, May 17th, 2014, the traditional Mataderos Fair, organized by the Ministry of Culture of Buenos Aires, moves to Avenida de Mayo to offer a festival that will feature craft stalls,...

3rd Buenos Aires Food Week[BA Travel Guide]
Buenos Aires Food Week, the new bi-annual event in which 40 of the best restaurants in the city offer lunch and dinner menus at promotional prices, will be held again from April 1st to April 14th,...

Government to Auction Licenses to Develop 4G Mobile Networks[The Argentina Independent]
Economy Minister Axel Kiciloff announced today that the government is planning to auction the first licenses to develop 4G mobile wireless technology in Argentina. The post Government to Auction...

The Modern Manduque Porteño: Astor[Pick Up The Fork]
A wonderful welcome to the restaurant community, after just one visit I already knew Astor would become my top pick for best new spot in 2013 for the following reasons: creative cooking + great...

Monday, 12 May 2014

This Week: 12-18 May[Inside Buenos Aires]
In the run-up to next week’s arteBA, exhibitions are opening left, right and centre. Plus, a new terrace for sipping cocktails in Palermo Soho. Monday Test your mettle against the quiz master at...

Friday, 09 May 2014

Paul French Gallery[Buenos Aires Foodies]
Don’t miss this cafe and bazaar on a weekend afternoon. Features goodies form Decata, Tealosophy and Tata. The space was designed by Pablo Chiappori Studio, who is responsible for the look and feel...

Back to Basics: Retro Comeback in Microcentro[La Panza Porteña]
Food trends are cyclical, and Buenos Aires is a perfect microcosm of (nearly) every fad and movement under the sun. Riding the current wave of nostalgia that’s making the rounds, we’re heading back...

Thursday, 08 May 2014

Nibbling My Way Through Barrio(s) Norte[SaltShaker]
Another quartet of peeks at different new (or at least to me) spots here and there, that just happen to fall along the northern parts of BA and its suburbs. Not quite a theme, but there you have it....

Dupont Circle vs. Villa Crespo[Noruega en Argentina]
This headline may not make a lot of sense to you, but I figured I’d do a very non-scientific comparison of my previous and current city neighborhoods. I lived for many years in the Dupont Circle...

Guest Blogger: Chance Miller[Inside Buenos Aires]
Tour guide Chance Miller shares some of his favorite hidden sights unexpectedly located right off Plaza de Mayo. When people ask me what Off-The-Beaten-Path locations I suggest, I tell them that they...

The Other Buenos Aires Barbecue: BAB Cocina Coreana[Pick Up The Fork]
Porteños have two real edible love affairs: beef and barbecue. While it’s true that the majority of locals keep a fairly conservative diet, thanks to a changing food scene and eaters with more...

Wednesday, 07 May 2014

Big changes, big city[Noruega en Argentina]
So, some big changes have taken place: I moved to Buenos Aires! After a year and a half in the countryside, I am now living in la Reina del Plata. It has just been a couple of weeks so the … Continue...

Saturday, 03 May 2014

La Feria del Libro[Noruega en Argentina]
La Feria del Libro (the Book Fair) in Buenos Aires is a huge event. It takes place in La Rural, the agricultural fair in Palermo that is of course home to the big livestock/animal exhibition in July,...

Friday, 02 May 2014

Argentine v. Argentinian[Southern Cone Travel]
What to call them? There are numerous options but, as amatter of English-language style, I’ve always preferred “Argentine” over “Argentinian”(occasional variant “Argentinean”), partly because it...

Thursday, 01 May 2014

Guest Blogger: Ana López Furst[Inside Buenos Aires]
Ana López Furst shares some out-of-town spots to go biking in. One of my favourite activities is riding my bike. I’ve lived in the northern suburbs since I was a small child and one day, not too...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back