Daily Url - May 18Th

webteam

Administrator
Monday, 18 May 2015

Feria PuroDiseño 2015[BA Travel Guide]
Feria PuroDiseño is a space where design is the main protagonist. The goal of Feria PuroDiseño is to accompany and to promote this sector of the Argentine industry, as well as each and every one of its designers, as a platform for the promotion of local and international design and the stimulation to regional creativity.

Saturday, 16 May 2015

Argentina: Tango and sass[New Zealand Herald]
Buenos Aires is Argentina's hub. Almost a third of the country's population live in the greater metropolitan area. It is the capital city, the birthplace of tango. It was the scene of some of Argentina's greatest triumphs - and darkest moments.

Friday, 15 May 2015

The Perón Fetish: Unmasking Argentina's Populist Ruler[PanAm Post]
Argentina's Juan Domingo Perón (1895-1974) is a legend, a leader, a religion, a dictator, a caudillo, a savior, and a political movement, all at the same time. His name provokes either great respect or visceral hatred: no middle ground exists here.

Thursday, 14 May 2015

Argentina midwives bare breasts to defend home births - U[T San Diego]
Eugenia Gimenez, holding her baby Nicanor, stands with her back covered with the words in Spanish: "I gave birth at home" during a protest against restrictions on home births in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Thursday, May 14, 2015. The Argentine Midwives ...

Discover the Art of Butchery in Argentina[The Real Argentina]
Germán says: “The business was started by my grandparents so my family has been producing our own cattle in the pampas for a long time, fattening them as well as raising dairy herds. When the idea came about to open a restaurant, I asked a meatpacker friend if he could take care of the ...

Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Organic and Healthy Food Market in Palermo - May 2015[BA Travel Guide]
The main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, on Saturday, May 16th and Sunday, May 17th, with free access to the public. Visitors will have the opportunity to taste free samples and buy at a promotional prices natural foods and beverages ...

Mixing Up the Closed-Door Experience[The Argentina Independent]
The British-Argentine couple began running the former restaurant in Colegiales as an event space six years ago. “It all developed by word of mouth,” says Romina, and riding on their success hosting events, they recently decided to open Pick and Mix as a closed-door restaurant once a week.

Tuesday, 12 May 2015

The Indy Eye: Polo Circo 2015[The Argentina Independent]
Other Myths opened the 7th edition of Buenos Aires Polo Circo festival. Organised by the Ministry of Culture of the city of Buenos Aires, the festival includes shows of both Argentine and foreign circus groups.

Monday, 11 May 2015

La Salada is Forever[The Argentina Independent]
It will never get evicted because, although big business is all about the real-estate, there’s something much deeper and more complex breathing life into the market. On the one hand, there are the thousands of sweatshop managers pumping out cheap brand imitations, often with slave labour.

The 10 Best (and One Worst) Day Trips in Argentina[Paste Magazine]
From Andean volcano peaks to rainforest waterfalls, Argentina has a wealth of natural beauty, and travelers can enjoy many of the best experiences in day trips. The following list highlights the 10 best (and one worst) Argentine adventures that make ...

Fresh leaders may revitalise Argentina[FT Adviser]
A country that encapsulates the highs and lows of emerging and frontier market investing is Argentina. The country can be classified as the very first emerging market when the Foreign Colonial Investment Trust was set up in 1868 to invest in the ...

Sunday, 10 May 2015

Hundreds compete in waiters and waitresses race in Argentina[RT]
Some 400 waiters and waitresses from all over Argentina took part in the12th Waiters and Waitresses Race in the capital Buenos Aires on Saturday, trying to walk as fast as possible without knocking over beverage bottles and drink glasses on their trays.

Thursday, 07 May 2015

Is Argentina's economy pulling a tango turnaround?[CNNMoney]
Argentina evokes images of tango, soccer, gauchos...and an awful economy -- one of the world's worst. Its economy is projected to show little or negative growth this year. Argentina is still

Macri announces 'historic' transport station below the Obelisk[Buenos Aires Herald]
Buenos Aires city Mayor Mauricio Macri has announced the city government will build an underground mega transport station in the Obelisk to connect every transport service in BA.

Wednesday, 06 May 2015

The Many Sides to Circus in Buenos Aires[The Argentina Independent]
“Do you see that window up there where the ray of sun is shining through? Circus was like that window, opening up my world and introducing me to a world with sunlight, with colour.” Leandro, a professional acrobat, clown, and instructor of

Gallery Nights presents "Gallery Day" in Palermo[BA Travel Guide]
Gallery Nights, the original circuit for art lovers around art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural centers, presents this special edition of Gallery Day, that will take place in the neighborhoods of Palermo and Villa Crespo on Saturday, May 9, 2015

Experience the Joy of Volunteering in Buenos Aires[The Real Argentina]
Way back when, in 1998 to be more precise, I came to Argentina to volunteer for Aldeas Infantiles SOS for a year. And while I haven’t run a marathon for charity or anything like it since, the intervening years have seen me do my tiny bit for another local project called Todos Juntos.

Tuesday, 05 May 2015

Watch mysterious glowing UFO move slowly across the sky above Argentina[mirror.co.uk]
Watch mysterious glowing UFO move slowly across the sky above Argentinamirror.co.ukThis mystifying video shows three mysterious glowing orbs in the skies above the city of Cordoba in Argentina. The footage was taken by a law student called David Jorge Lazarte, who noticed the ethereal lights ...

Monday, 04 May 2015

'Only 10 percent earning more, pays income tax'[Buenos Aires Herald]
Following the announcement the government was reforming income tax brackets, Economy Minister Axel Kicillof pointed out that only 10 percent of workers are reached by the levy ...

7th Buenos Aires International Circus Festival[BA Travel Guide]
The 7th Buenos Aires International Circus Festival will take place between May 7 and May 17, 2015.The Festival will offer the public unique experiences, outstanding artistic performances, and fun national and international shows and performances by Circus companies from ...

What is Existential Migration?[urbanexpats.com]
One of the best explanations right now as to why Americans or other expats decide to live abroad is the theory of “Existential Migration” (Greg Madison, 2006). Unlike economic migration, simple wanderlust, exile, or variations of forced migration, existential migration ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back