Daily URL - May 8th

webteam

Administrator
Tuesday, 08 May 2012

Top 5 Indy Series[The Argentina Independent]
In our 'going back to print' campaign, we are reminding readers of the good times, highlighting the best parts of the last six years' coverage, from photos, to articles, to videos. This week, our...

On Now: Marica, A One-Man Show[The Argentina Independent]
“Marica somos todos.” An interesting statement, that roughly translates as “we are all queer”. Yet read it again: apart from the literal meaning of Marica, deriving from Maricón, (meaning...

AmEx: Flights To South America From US, Europe Increasingly Affordable[InvestBA]
An annual report from American Express predicts flights to South America from the US and Europe will be cheaper in the coming months. While the report focuses primarily on business travel,...

How to buy tickets at Teatro Colón[LandingPadBA]
Teatro Colón Address: Libertad 621 (main entrance) Phone: +5411 4378 7100 Email: [email protected] Website:

The ¨Bondi¨ Identity[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Libertinus) Colectivo and bondi (Lunfardo slang) are the common local words for bus. And, the colorful bus lines, with their character bus drivers are truly a part of the local identity....

Monday, 07 May 2012

The Indy Eye: 2012 Global Marijuana March[The Argentina Independent]
Smokers, growers, and even politicians gathered at Plaza de Mayo to march through the streets of Buenos Aires calling for the end of the criminalization of the green weed.

Exceptional Ballet performances at Teatro Coliseo[BA Travel Guide]
Three important ballet performances featuring more than 25 outstanding dancers from the best companies in the world will be presented in the months of May, August and November, 2012, at Teatro...

CONTEST: Patagonia Photography Competition[The Argentina Independent]
The Indy is calling for entries for our new photography competition, where we are asking contestants to send us their best image of Patagonia by 20th May.

Street artists shine at Arte Patricios[BA Street Art]
More than 50 street artists spent the weekend painting some amazing new artworks in Parque Patricios as part of the urban art project called Arte Patricios. The works were painted on panels around...

Cuarenta y dos: Landmarks, 'Keep the Falkands British' and other controversy[A Year-Long Conversation:]
Manuel had an extremely posh Englishaccent. He told me proudly that he was studying to be an English teacher andthat he'd been taught that way. He then interrogated me for a while about me job andmy...

Treinta y ocho: Latin moves, measurements and rucksacks.[A Year-Long Conversation:]
When I walked into the fancy coffee place Andres had suggested, I said, "hello" and he said:"Sos argentina" - you're Argentine, an odd thing to say as we had already established that I wasn't. I can...

Sunday, 06 May 2012

Argentina: The Best and Worst[Twenty-Something Travel]
So it is finally time to wrap up my time in Argentina. Almost four months in this country, the longest I’ve been in any one place for quite a long time. It’s been fun but I am more than ready to move...

Buenos Aires street artists start painting at Arte Patricios[BA Street Art]
Street artists spent Saturday afternoon painting panels in Parque Patricios as part of the Arte Patricios two-day urban art event. The artworks were hung on a fence surrounding the construction site...

Friday, 04 May 2012

Tango: City Dance Champhionship 2012[BA Travel Guide]
From May 10th to May 26th, 2012, the City's Tango Dance Championship 2012 will be held in different "milongas", theaters, and open air locations across the city.The competition is on the look out for...

Thursday, 03 May 2012

VanityBA: Plastic Surgery in Argentina Increasingly Accessible, Affordable[InvestBA]
Argentina has always been one of the most popular countries for foreign visitors looking for talented plastic surgeons offering cosmetic procedures at affordable prices. Now with the advent of...

Buenos Aires Polo Circo 2012[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by rodcasro) Although recent in the city, the annual international circus festival has rapidly expanded over the years. This year it will take place from the 3rd to the 14th of May and will be...

Sunday Tea with Oscar Wilde[Buenos Aires Foodies]
Sunday afternoons are about to get a bit more interesting in Buenos Aires. Eclaire, el arte del Té will begin hosting theater and tea sessions consisting of Oscar Wilde plays performed amidst a tea...

Wednesday, 02 May 2012

Exotic places of Argentina - Part 1[Argentina Look]
Argentina has many incredible places, but it is common for many small cities and towns seeking to draw attention to something that distinguishes them, and thus arise the national capitals of...

Monday, 30 April 2012

Buenos Aires New Construction Permits Down 34% Compared to 2011[InvestBA]
Currency conversion controls that have cooled the purchase of new and existing residential units in Buenos Aires are also forcing some developers to rethink breaking ground on new projects or...

Sunday, 29 April 2012

Recommended Concerts in May and June, 2012[BA Travel Guide]
MAY 2012THURSDAY 3THE TING TINGSThe British duo, with Katie White and Jules de Martino, will present "Sounds from Nowheresville" at the Buenos Aires Sounds Fest. The local artists that will join...

Friday, 27 April 2012

Ciudad Evita – When a Name is Not Enough[Gringo Starr]
If you have spent any time in Argentina, then you will have not failed to notice that they are very fond of naming things after notable characters in the country’s past. Streets, railway lines,...

Thursday, 26 April 2012

El rincón cultural – Home on the Range[Rabner in Argentina]
In case you’ve been holed up in BsAs Aires for too long, you may be aware that there is a very different world not too far outside the city walls (i.e. Avenida Gral. Paz)… beyond the tango, the high...

2012 Gallery Nights[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by MatAas Garabedian) The 2012 Buenos Aires Gallery Nights launches this Friday bringing art enthusiasts together once again. The monthly events, which have been part of the city agenda since...

El rincón idiomático – Glasses[Rabner in Argentina]
The other day a friend of mine commented on Facebook how she had lasic surgery and how psyched she was that she could now see perfectly and didn’t need glasses anymore. While I’ve thought about his...

Friday, 20 April 2012

Was the 1978 World Cup in Argentina fixed?[Argen-times]
Daniel Passarella lifts the cupOn 25 June 1978 Argentines sang their lungs out in celebration of their national team’s victory over the Netherlands at the World Cup final in Buenos Aires. There was...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back