Daily Url - Sep 8Th

webteam

Administrator
Tuesday, 08 September 2015

Need a Crown to be a Queen?[The Bubble]
"We will lose a part of our history, and our towns will lose a part of theirs. I’d like the deputy to sit down and at least have a conversation with us and get to know who we are… We aren’t just pretty girls who want to be models. We represent a town and we defend a place. Dehumanizing us is not even asking us what we want, we who take part in these festivities."

New tests discredit notion that Argentina's Nisman committed suicide[The Times of Israel]
Experts confirmed Monday that three laboratory analyses performed on the gun believed to have killed the special prosecutor for a 1994 bombing of a Buenos Aires Jewish community center tested positive for traces of...

Catena Wine's Measure Of Influence In Argentina[Forbes]
Laura Catena was pissed off.It was 1995 at a prestigious tasting in New York, where she was pouring her family’s Bodega Catena Zapata wines. It was the first time that an Argentinian winery was invited to participate in the event, and one guest after another passed by her table.

Una noruega en Argentina[Noruega en Argentina]
This was part of an innovation course I took, called El Mundo de las Ideas.) Some anecdotes about life in Argentina and some observations about the weird ways of my people, the Norwegians.

Monday, 07 September 2015

More Burger Bites[SaltShaker]
I’m not sure if maybe I should chalk this one up to being a brand spanking new spot that may just not have its rhythms down yet, but I think not. Burger Club, Fitz Roy 1747 in Palermo, opened up recently. They’re the first branch of Burger Club to open in Argentina ...

Sunday, 06 September 2015

Argentina: Man arrested after wife and son 'locked in a cage for years'[Yahoo News UK]
A 66-year-old man in Argentina has been arrested on suspicion of keeping his wife and adult son in a cage and squalid room for up to six years. Eduardo Oviedo, from the beach resort town of Mar del Plata 400 km south of Buenos Aires, faces enslavement...

Saturday, 05 September 2015

Top Ten Tips for Shopping for Leather in Buenos Aires[Gringo in BA]
shopping for leather in Buenos Aires to ensure you’re getting first-grade leather for your buck. Check the stitching and seams on all of your leather goods: if they are a different color than the actual item then the leather might only be surface-dyed and the color may fade pretty quickly. If the leather feels very stiff and rough then it’s likely been treated and coated to hide the imperfections. While all leather contains natural marks, there shouldn’t be any large ...

Friday, 04 September 2015

Is Pizza a Carb?”: Favorite Argie Foods[The Bubble]
Pedidos Ya conducted a similar survey during the Copa América this summer to see what foods people prefered while watching soccer. Youll never guess the results. Asado took the helm, followed closely by pizza. I guess you need your comfort foods when you lose to Chile.

FIBA - International Buenos Aires Theater Festival[BA Travel Guide]
Another company debuting this year is Australia’s Back to Back Theatre, made up of actors with and without a disability, who perform Ganesh versus the Third Reich. From Spain, Catalan company Agrupación Señor Serrano, winner of a Silver Lion at the Venice Biennale 2015, presents Brickman Brando Bubble Boom: a dynamic format mixing performance, text, video, sound and installations.

Thursday, 03 September 2015

Argentina's Menem refuses to testify in bombing trial[Yahoo News]
Former Argentine President Carlos Menem is refusing to testify in a trial in which he is accused of derailing the investigation into the South American nation's worst terrorist attack. The 1994 bombing at a Jewish ...

San Antonio de Areco[Noruega en Argentina]
Of all the small towns in Buenos Aires province, San Antonio de Areco might be the most famous one, often referred to as the gaucho capital or quintessential Buenos Aires province small town. I finally visited in March of this year, and now, in September, I figured I should get something online! We had horrible weather when we went, it rained all day except for right at the end.

Wednesday, 02 September 2015

Happiest Happy Hours in Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
It’s time to get our drink on. We are all about finding the best happy hour deals in Buenos Aires, so we’ve eaten and drunk our way through the city’s bars, restaurants and lounges to find that special place that satisfies all of our happy hour needs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back