Dairy At Home - Milk Brands?

Girino

Registered
I am just beginning to venture in the land of make your cheese at home.
Yesterday I started with a very simple ricotta, using Sancor milk (whole milk) however I just got 50 g out of 1 liter of milk, which is 5 times less than expected. To taste, Sancor milk seemed to have water added (of course, they'd never tell).

Are there better brands to try?

Milk is very bad here. Stay away from the cheap stuff. Try the La Serenisima whole milk. The fresh one, not the larga Vida

Thanks for your reply, I was going with la Serenissima as a second choice. I found out their queso rallado is better than another brand we tried (I can't remember the name, the package was red and white), which smelled toxic.

Expensive compared to others but you could try making some with La Choza organic milk. I think you can order from their website or they list where you can find distributors, I'm pretty sure the sell at el galpon

I will keep an eye open for La Choza.

Yesterday I tried to make a vanilla flan using Sancor milk and it was like yellow solid WATER. Just terrible.

Sancor and la serenismia i think are both ultra pasturizada. You want just pasturizada. Look for ones that say htst not uht. They'll be the cheaper ones.

Sancor and la serenismia i think are both ultra pasturizada. You want just pasturizada. Look for ones that say htst not uht. They'll be the cheaper ones.

Isn't that the milk sold out of the refrigerator, the one that lasts for months?
I use only fresh whole milk.

I hate the milk that comes in plastic bags (or, rather, the plastic bags themselves, which always lead to spills).

I hate the milk that comes in plastic bags (or, rather, the plastic bags themselves, which always lead to spills).

Clearly, packaging is not their strong point.
Whomever thought it was a nice idea to put milk in plastic bags with black plastic lining?

Back