Dating Amongst Expat Men And Local Women

Chosen

Registered
Hello All!

My friends and I (all in our late 20s) will be living in BA for a few months this summer to practice our Spanish and what better way to do that than meet some of the lovely ladies of argentina! I know what you're thinking - another one of those - but our intentions are truly benign but we're of course open to ultimately dating in addition to friendship. We are also a little worried that we'll just be bucketed into the same category as other expat creepers who have previously come and gone and that that will get in the way of us potentially meeting some friendly and interesting people. We also understand that the women of BA are, for lack of a better word, "crazy." Still don't really know what that means.

So the question is this, do argentine women generally dismiss expat men as just transitional, sex-driven idiots, or is there an opportunity to actually socialize and get to know the local ladies? Any other comments on the matter would be super-helpful!

Contrary to what you may have been told, there is such thing as a stupid question.

EDIT: mmoon - ah, the good old days. Did you also ask each other if there was "an opportunity to actually socialize and get to know the local ladies?"

Reading this post, I just realized how nostalgic I have been for the days (years ago) that we asked each other about things besides the blue rate, Scioli and whether or not Xoom is currently operational in Argentina.

Personally, I haven't met too many expat creepers or crazy Argentine ladies. Maybe I'm just lucky!

There are plenty of ladies occupying crossroads at night, that go crazy, when they see green. You will enjoy, especially if your person meets the nickname!

Hello All!

My friends and I (all in our late 20s) will be living in BA for a few months this summer to practice our Spanish and what better way to do that than meet some of the lovely ladies of argentina! I know what you're thinking - another one of those - but our intentions are truly benign but we're of course open to ultimately dating in addition to friendship. We are also a little worried that we'll just be bucketed into the same category as other expat creepers who have previously come and gone and that that will get in the way of us potentially meeting some friendly and interesting peple. We also understand that the women of BA are, for lack of a better word, "crazy." Still don't really know what that means.

So the question is this, do argentine women generally dismiss expat men as just transitional, sex-driven idiots, or is there an opportunity to actually socialize and get to know the local ladies? Any other comments on the matter would be super-helpful!

The first thing to point is that during the summer, most people are gone on vacation.

Second, most women ( and men ) will not waste time socializing with foreigners because they think you will ultimately leave, so it is a waste of time. Unless you are really handsome, if this is the case, you will have some slight chances.

It also depends on where you are socializing. If you will go to some hostel, you might have higher chances of meeting people ( they will be most likely other expats or tourists ).

I would start trying to socialize online, join some FB groups, get to know the local scene, etc Maybe look for people interested in language exchanges.

The paying for company route is always open 24/7

In general, the answer to your question is yes. There might be exceptions.

If you post some pictures of yourself and your friends, as well as your background I could give you a more accurate input.

Cheers!

Nik
Dating and Marriage Advisor ad Honorem

The women here are not any crazier than any other women. That is complete nonsense. You can find almost any kind of personality, just like anywhere else. And my experience is that most people will want to talk to foreigners, especially if the foreigners speak Spanish. If you try to meet all the women here at a club, well, then what do you expect is going to happen? Instead, try meeting people at places that are more normal, such as social clubs, churches, workplace, and birthday parties. My wife is the first person I met here. Other men have been here and met their wife in a very short period of time. If you are an outgoing person you can meet people and sometimes even strike up a friendship with them in random places. You never know, you might meet someone here and fall in love. (Some) Argentine guys here are often completely immature in many many ways (like living with mom until they are 35), so if you show even a modicum of being a decent person, it shouldn't be hard to meet an interesting woman here. I must have met so many women between age 20 and 40 that are not married and are perfectly nice, normal, hardworking, intelligent, and attractive.

As a foreigner, what you have as an advantage is that people will tend to view you as more honest/innocent than the people here, so they may be willing to open up to you more. Without the language though, it will be more difficult.

One night stands with strangers here is not so common. Also, unless your amazingly good looking or is driving aorund on a Ferrari, your initial status in zona norte will not be that great. You *might* find girls falling over themselves after a gringo in the villas. Maybe.

We also understand that the women of BA are, for lack of a better word, "crazy." Still don't really know what that means.

This is what they mean.
Qq0X8.gif

Back