Daughter Having Problem With Reciprocity Fee- Flight From Us

Happy Lady

Registered
Our daughter was refused boarding a Delta flight for Argentina this morning. This was from SLC to Minni, first leg of her trip. She had paid the reciprocity fee but did not have any documentation of such. A few hours later, she was allowed to board a flight to Atlanta. She repaid the reciprocity fee online and was waiting for a statement stating this.
Question? Is it the airline's responsibility to let her know about her reciprocity status? We don't know what time she will arrive in Argentina tomorrow, was to be 9am.
Thank you for any comments.
Frances.
Has something like this happened to anyone you know. Is it a slip-up on Delta's end?

The airlines are very sensitive to the issue of the passenger showing that they have paid the reciprocity fee. The carriers paid many thousands in fines and deportations for boarding passengers that did not have the correct documents when Argentina switched to the prepayment requirement.

The burden is on the passenger to show payment. Not the airline. As much as it is to have a passport, proper visas, and proper vaccinations where applicable.

This is entirely...and unfortunately on your daughter. In theory, if she has paid twice, she can get it reimbursed. I believe someone has posted the details here previously.

Thank you, El Cordobes, for the info. I didn't know and she paid the fee when she purchased her ticket. Just got a mail from her. Guess she should have followed up and made sure she had something in writing. Hoping she arrives tomorrow!

Good news that she was still able to get out today in the end. It could have been much worse and quite costly. Enjoy the holidays with your daughter! :)

When she is in Atlanta for FL 101 gate agent will require verification again and note it on boarding pass. You are not flying on Delta to BA without the receipt. Just mark it off as one of those pesky travel pains in the arse.

American was very touchy about this in Dallas. I showed the woman my permanent resident DNI, and she was going to ask her colleague if that was enough. (It is!) I ended up showing her my passport with my reciprocity stamp (I wasn't a permanent resident when the policy was adopted) just to get out of their hair.

American was very touchy about this in Dallas. I showed the woman my permanent resident DNI, and she was going to ask her colleague if that was enough. (It is!) I ended up showing her my passport with my reciprocity stamp (I wasn't a permanent resident when the policy was adopted) just to get out of their hair.

Same for me. Both American and LAN have checked me at every connection every trip. I show them the permanent resident DNI and they're never truly happy until I show them our old reciprocity fees in the passports...even then...some are a little leery since they're the old style in the passport.

My reciprocity fee has long expired, and by now so has the passport that it was in. So I need competent agents to process me.

Normally, demeanor helps - when asked for it, casually hand over the card commenting - "I'm a permanent resident of Argentina" - as if it's the most obvious thing. A bozo agent will perhaps be unwilling to give away him/herself as such.

Unless it's simply that I haven't ever dealt with bozos (yet - knock on wood).

Di you say BOZOS?
Had the old style reciprocity receipt pasted in my old passport, before the online thing. Earlier this year, Delta gate agent would not accept my old style receipt, had a hell of time trying to explain. No cigar. Capitulated and purchased the latest and greatest on-line. When arriving in BA it kind of messed up the immigration guy. Told him my woes and all was OK. One of those speed bumps when traveling. Bozos everywhere.

Back