DC couple needs BA counsel?

DCguys

Registered
Hello, all. We are a 50s retired couple from DC that travel extensively and are excited to be coming to BA December 6, 2023 for a month. We are looking for a luxury apartment with ac, washer-dryer, internet, king bed, gym, security in Palermo. We know it’s way early, but we usually use Airbnb and know it’s better to go local in BA and pay cash. Any recommendations or counsel on this and having great trip would be much appreciated:).

Attachments

• ECBB01C0-5F87-477D-B78C-4D472C0DC0D9.jpeg
    ECBB01C0-5F87-477D-B78C-4D472C0DC0D9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
i would challenge the notion that going local and cash is better. airbnb will at least give you some protection as a temp renter. yes, you can save money this way but the risk of getting screwed is higher.

I would be concerned about viveza criolla. If you decide to do it that way, be careful and good luck.

Totally Agree with the above recommendations . A nice flat in Palermo will run $40 dollars a day. Owners may do a private deal in pesos at the Blue Rate (informal) of the day. You may save $300 bucks. Is it worth to you..? For a short stay..?
Airbnb offers cancellation options . legal protection, replace the flat , etc.

Hi,
May I just check? Do you really mean 2023, December??? That's a long way off and in Argentina years it's a really really long way off and very hard to predict the best way to go.

In 15 months argentina may well be part of Russia or China. I'd wait and see.
I object to the scaremongering implication that either Russia or China would intervene on this continent in such a way. Historically, the interference has been from the governments of the US and UK. And France, if you want to go back to the mid-19th century.

But, of course, I do agree that 15 months is a young eternity in Argentina, and many things could change radically in that time. Any expat who has been here for any length of time would agree with that.

Back