Dealing with noisy neighbours in BA

Fettucini

Registered
We've had a lot of issues with our neighbours below our ph in villa crespo recently (they live on the ground floor with open patio). They're basically throwing several parties a week to the point where we can't sleep until 7am. All the noise amplifies up from their patio. Have asked them to turn it down, they respond by turning it up.. called police, but no success it just goes back to the same thing. Even during the day they're making a load of noise.
Any suggestions for fixing this situation? Was thinking revenge but might just turn into an endless battle as they're a bunch of w*nkers.

On that note how do I address neighbors across the street with four dogs that bark all day/night?

I was in the same boat. These did the trick (though I got them Stateside).

IMG_0313.jpg

I had problems in the past but if the parties take place on Saturday night, it seems it's ok (until a certain hour in the morning) and there's nothing you can do. The rest of the nights, I would think that you can try recording the noise, time and dates with a device and then go for counseling to your Comuna for how to go about it or even how to handle a mediation. I know how disturbing that can be.

In one of the separate threads, I have started "Moving to a house in Capital Federal" - one of the fundamental reasons for that is..that I am absolutely frustrated with the levels of noise in the two apartments I live in. One is very very high end and one is very very low end..but it does not matter. There are 100's of dogs in both the buildings...some people have up to 7-8 dogs in the apartment. Its just mind boggling crazy. And the dogs bark, and the admin says it is "helpless" to do anything about it.

As I type, multiple dogs are barking from multiple departments!!!

We've had a lot of issues with our neighbours below our ph in villa crespo recently (they live on the ground floor with open patio). They're basically throwing several parties a week to the point where we can't sleep until 7am. All the noise amplifies up from their patio. Have asked them to turn it down, they respond by turning it up.. called police, but no success it just goes back to the same thing. Even during the day they're making a load of noise.
Any suggestions for fixing this situation? Was thinking revenge but might just turn into an endless battle as they're a bunch of w*nkers.

Frustrating situation to be in.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Revenge or retaliation is not the answer.

For the people who do elect to go the retaliation route, I believe this is potentially where things could get out of control to the point of becoming a major news story due to violence or worse, death. Rare, but possible.

But, in the spirit of playing Devil's advocate and allowing myself to daydream a bit, here is what I am thinking. Mind you, this is the kind of response from a brut of a person who fears no one and nothing and is physically superior to most every other foe. And of course ready, willing and able to go toe to toe with fists or clubs.

The next time the lower neighbors are disturbing you past the hour of civility, go down stairs, knock on their door and ask them to tone it down. Let them know they are not being considerate. And make them aware that if they don't tone it down you are going to go nuclear. Assuming they ignore you, hook up a garden hose to a water outlet and soak them. And if you really don't have any fear, buy a few 5 gallon buckets of paint at a place like Easy. Open them up and dump them all over the people who are below.

If you feel like you are going to snap and could care less, exchange the paint for gasoline and follow it up with a match. Simply set them on fire. You will solve the problem, probably permanently. Land yourself in jail too, but you will definitely win.

I am busting my gut laughing as I am re reading my post. I could just imagine all this playing out.

Like I said, two wrongs don't make a right. Things can get out of control.

So here is the other side of things.

Accept the fact that things are not likely to change. Do your best to ignore it. Buy ear plugs, put the tv or radio on, low enough to not disturb others but loud enough to drown out what is bothering you. And by all means, try to find another place to live if you can.

When I had this problem long ago, I waited until the noisemakers were resting then put a sound-effects record on my stereo system and play the sound of a huge train wreck over and over again. At some point I alternated with heavy metal music.
It didn't take long for the noisemakers to seek a truce.

Back