Decline of the Argetine beef industry; rise in fish exports

No wonder its so hard to get a decent piece of fish in BA these days and you have to stick to the few good parillas.

How does the fish production and export compare to Uruguay, Chile and Brasil?

Its really sad. I've never been to port city that has such a god awful selection of seafood.

In bad times I have always been consoled by the comforting thought that at least there's great beef. Now the government's misguided policies are taking that away. All is lost. No, wait, there's still the Malbec. Viva Argentina.

The policies aren't misguided, they're moronic. They don't work period. They haven't ever worked, they're not working now, and they never will work.

PhilipDT said:
Its really sad. I've never been to port city that has such a god awful selection of seafood.
I hear ya! I'm headed to Santiago for 2 weeks on Thursday primarily so I can eat good fish. I'd say not being able to eat quality fish most of a given week here has been the largest thing I miss from living in other cities.

PhilipDT said:

But it's a river port: the nearest salt water is over 100km away. It's like wondering why the shrimp boats aren't tying up in London's docklands - and London is even closer to the sea.

But of course London does have a selection of seafood because there's a pretty good distribution system at work. So I figure it's a cultural thing: Britain is a maritime nation and seafood and fish are second-nature.

Back