Deep Fried Turkey

DesTheRed

Registered
Hello,

Looking for anyone who may know or be able to assist me with finding the equipment to Deep Fry a Turkey for Christmas. I have done this before but had previously borrowed equipment from friends who are no longer in Buenos Aires. I also have the equipment in Orlando, but a fat lot of good this will do me just now :).

Would anyone care to help me find or loan me the pot, gas ring, gas, turkey support to help me with this Christmas Dinner? Or any stores who would have something similar?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Graham D.

Graham,
Liza at Nola Gastropub might be able to tell you where you can buy what you need, since she's both a chef and a New Orleanian -
Good luck and buen provecho!

Thanks Redbeanz,

Would you by chance know how I could contact Liza by email?

You can PM her on this forum: NOLAchef. But you'll have a lot more fun if you go to the restaurant and dive into some of her killer fried chicken, gumbo, or my namesake dish!
NOLA Gastropub
Gorriti 4389
Palermo

Here you can find expert advice, not exactly for fried turkey, but still awesome data http://amazingribs.com/recipes/chicken_turkey_duck/ultimate_smoked_turkey.html

I smelled this thread all the way over on my balcony. It sounds like you have experience doing this kind of thing. I do as well. I burned down half of my wood deck, 1/4 acre of woods, and a shed one Thanksgiving while deep-frying a turkey. I must be a great cook. Everyone still talks about that Thanksgiving! :)

Back