"defending Jacob" May 26 Book Club Pot Luck 7:00

Alicia karr

Registered
Six months a NYT bestseller.
"Stunning" Huffington Post
"Gripping" People
"The hype is justified" Washington Post
A notable book of the year 2012 by The Boston Globr, Entertainment Weekly, Kansas City Star

Is the hype justified? Let's talk about this and more at the BAExpat Book Club monthly meeting and pot luck dinner, Tuesday May 26 at 7:00 at my place in Recoleta.
We are super friendly, love to eat, drink and talk and serve some of the best expat meals to be found in BA

Please RSVP by stating what main dish you will bring on this thread. If you are new to the book club, I'll send you the contact info.

This will be the last meeting until the end of July

We especially welcome newcomers.

News break! Started the book today and have already read 100 pages. There's something to be said for the book hype...it does keep you wanting to know more. And so far, for me, interesting study of father son relationships as told by a father....

Just a quick reminder, book club meeting and pot luck is next TUESDAY(26 of May)! So who all is coming, and what are you bringing for the pot luck?
Newcomers are welcome, even if you haven't read the book! Just sign up below and I'll send you a PM with the contact info and address.

Hey everyone, don't miss the wonderful activity! Last time I had a tentative head count of 6-8 for this meeting Tuesday. Could you please confirm by posting your pot luck contribution?
We are coming up on the Book clubs two year anniversary! Readers rock (and gab, and cook great food, and like their wine!)
ALL ARE WELCOME. If you are new, or haven't read the book don't worry. You'd still have fun. I guarantee it.
So please RSVP ON THIS THREAD,!

LAST CHANCE to meet with the book club until the end of July.
The book club meeting/pot luck is supposed to be tomorrow, Tuesday, at 7. However so far I've only received one "regret" and no confirmations. If I don't hear from others on this thread by midnight tonight, Monday, I will cancel tomorrow's meeting. Pity because there will be no meeting in June. And I had to clean my apartment!

Any chance we could have the meeting Wednesday or Thursday? We have tickets for the Buena Vista Social Club Tuesday, and we thought we would stop by for the chat and leave early, but it seems that Tuesday is not a great night for anyone else either. Just a thought.
Nancy

Well others that have communicated with me are not available this particular whole week!
If others can meet Wednesday I'm willing to change it for this Wednesday. Other folks?

Back