Delivery

PhilipDT

Registered
So I dont have a car but I want to buy something large off of mercadolibre. How can I go about hiring a van or car for the delivery?

you can hire a flee, call a cab, or ask the seller if he has a flete or cab service to recommend when u collect the item....

He says he doesn't know anybody. As for calling a cab can I just call any cab company. Its a small refrigerator. It should fit in the back of a those small van things but it may not go into a real car.

PhilipDT said:
He says he doesn't know anybody. As for calling a cab can I just call any cab company. Its a small refrigerator. It should fit in the back of a those small van things but it may not go into a real car.

You'll need to hire a flete to pick it up and drop it off at your place. Ask your portero or someone you know in the area if they know of any flete services.

I'd check out the price of the flete before purchasing the fridge. In the end, you may be cheaper off just buying from a big store that offers free or low-cost delivery.

I am afraid a cab will not take a fridge ( unless it is a mini fridge like the ones you see in hotel rooms ), you should call a mini flete for that.

Be careful with fletes....I've had them agree on the price and then try and charge an extra whack when they drop it off (usual excuse is got stuck for a couple of hours in traffic). And there's nothing you can do cause they've got your goods. Make sure it's one you can trust.

Experienced fletes users go as passengers in the car from start to finish to make sure the goods doesn't disappear on the way.

Back