Desperate for raw or pasteurized milk

Is this thread still active? Wondering if anybody has any input on raw cow milk here in Argentina. I just moved here from the US. I found this farm in... Tandil?... I think is the name of the town. I'm used to drinking raw milk. I've been getting it from a family farm back in the states for the past couple years. Never got sick or had any problems with it. I was also giving it to my 1 year old son and he's been nothing but super healthy. The man from the farm in Tandil suggested I boil the milk, which kind of threw me off. I've never boiled my raw milk before. He said that though just so it would last longer. He didn't say anything about boiling it because of bacteria or anything like that. The raw milk I got back in the US would last me about a week. Someone commented on this post saying raw milk here only stays good for 24 hours? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Just to add... this farm seemed very well kept and clean. In fact, it is much better shape than the farm I was going to in the US

Is this thread still active? Wondering if anybody has any input on raw cow milk here in Argentina. I just moved here from the US. I found this farm in... Tandil?... I think is the name of the town. I'm used to drinking raw milk. I've been getting it from a family farm back in the states for the past couple years. Never got sick or had any problems with it. I was also giving it to my 1 year old son and he's been nothing but super healthy. The man from the farm in Tandil suggested I boil the milk, which kind of threw me off. I've never boiled my raw milk before. He said that though just so it would last longer. He didn't say anything about boiling it because of bacteria or anything like that. The raw milk I got back in the US would last me about a week. Someone commented on this post saying raw milk here only stays good for 24 hours? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I am neither a doctor nor a scientist nor a farmer but it seems self-evident to me that the pathogens endemic in the soil, plants and animals in one part of the world will be very different from those in another. I'd be careful about using raw milk in a new place and especially careful about giving it to a child until I knew a great deal more about it.

Raw milk is less safe than pasteurized milk. Boiling it is going to ruin the flavor though.

The problem here is that it's next to impossible to find things like buttermilk, sour cream, certain cheeses, etc. The lack of experience with things like cheese [gouda for example] is very evident. The local brands try to emulate but fall flat on their faces, and imports of certain items have stopped altogether.
I really miss havarti, and pancakes are better with buttermilk. :rolleyes: I get why people would seek out raw milk when there is so much lacking in the Argentine market.

I definitely would NOT give raw milk to a baby. Besides children IMO do not need to drink cows milk. Yogurt, cheese, great.
Just my opinion.
Nancy

La Choza organic milk and yogourts ( both plain and flavoured ) are sold everywhere in one litre glass bottles. The milk is pasteurized at low temperatures, has a very high fat content, tastes great and is perfect for making kefir or yogourt. Check Mercado de Economia solidaria on Bonpland and Mercado Punto Verde on Dorrego, it also is sold in a few small organic cafes and stores on Scalabrini Ortiz. If you want a raw milk, there is a small shop on the corner of Soler and Bonpland where another producer sells dairy products on Wednesdays and Saturdays and if you contact them a day before they will bring you raw milk - but it won't hold for more than a couple of days.

Hello, resuscitating this thread. Is anyone purchasing/producing raw cow milk around BA? I have not had success with El Galpon or Solidarity Market on Bonpland. Thanks all.

Hello, resuscitating this thread. Is anyone purchasing/producing raw cow milk around BA? I have not had success with El Galpon or Solidarity Market on Bonpland. Thanks all.
there is a products call “La Recría” and they sell raw milk, i want raw milk too and thats all i can found so far, i will research more on farms and that

Back