Desperate For Revenue: Drones Used To Detect Swimming Pools

sergio

Registered
Tax authorities use drones to find undeclared pools:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2769958/Argentine-Government-uses-drone-discover-200-mansions-100-swimming-pools-not-declared-owners.htm

Worried you’re being watched? 1984 inspired-clothing has ‘stealth pockets’ for your mobile so you can go under the radar
  • The clothing range was created by London-based firm, The Affair
  • It includes removable pockets made from police-grade shielding fabrics
  • The fabric is capable of blocking mobile, Wi-Fi, GPS and RFID signals
  • The company is now hoping to raise £25,000 ($40,200) on Kickstarter

I remember that the same is happening in Greece: they used pictures from police helicopters or Google Earth to find undeclared swimming pools. Nowadays, owners of undeclared pools use military camouflage nets to cover their gardens - maybe it would be a good business to sell those here :D

I was once invited by a member of the Paraguayan government (about 6 years ago) to develop some software that would automatically take satellite photos from "before" and more recently and compare them for proof of new structures and compare that to databases connected to plat records/tax payments.

They couldn't afford me... :D

I first heard of this back in 2008 ....2007..?. but soon after it stopped,no one knows why,but i remember getting a photo of my ''spread"" with the title WE ARE WATCHING YOU.
Not only they launched this new technology for swimming pools,they also wanted to target wind mills out in the ranches to adjust their property taxes,since apparently in Argentina you don't have the right to dig your water well (paid by you)install a wind mill(paid by you) on your property.... guess paid by who? ;)
At the time they claimed that having access to water tables was a right reserved for the gov... but of course, as everything around here,faded away in a very short time.

A government that does not provide the structure, support and/or environment for a business or an individual to thrive and flourish economically has no right to collect even a penny in taxes. The contract is broken when it's one sided.

I first heard of this back in 2008 ....2007..?. but soon after it stopped,no one knows why,but i remember getting a photo of my ''spread"" with the title WE ARE WATCHING YOU.
Not only they launched this new technology for swimming pools,they also wanted to target wind mills out in the ranches to adjust their property taxes,since apparently in Argentina you don't have the right to dig your water well (paid by you)install a wind mill(paid by you) on your property.... guess paid by who? ;)
At the time they claimed that having access to water tables was a right reserved for the gov... but of course, as everything around here,faded away in a very short time.

You own the land, not what it is under it ( water, oil...), unless in the old civil code.

A government that does not provide the structure, support and/or environment for a business or an individual to thrive and flourish economically has no right to collect even a penny in taxes. The contract is broken when it's one sided.

Right, explain that to afip And federal tax criminal judges. I guess you can get long free pass at a federal facility until you think again about it.

You own the land, not what it is under it ( water, oil...), unless in the old civil code.
......and to think that many of our great grand dads came to America running away from the king's unjust tax collectors.....
So to understand this..... there's no city water to my property.... do i ask the gov to provide? or just give my property to them?and move where they think i should live?

I'm not sure about your air rights over your property and the altitudes that you control, but if the AFIP drone was buzzing over my land I would be out doing some skeet practice. Or even better drone dog fights.

Back