Desperately Seeking Kim-Chee

Risu

Registered
Does anyone know of a place to find Kim Chee? Getting desperate and thinking of making my own. Appreciate any one who would be kind enough to pass on their Grandma's receipe or better yet teach me how to make it. Thanks in advance for any in-put.

Make your own! I love a bit of home pickling. You should be able to get your hands on whatever you need in Barrio Chino. After that there are a myriad of recipes online, from the simple to the complicated. Start simple and build it up I reckon.

You´re gonna need the right cabbage and some fish sauce and a decent chilli sauce or raw chillis to make the sauce. You can get all that in Barrio Chino.

Now that I think about it, I would surprised if you couldn't buy kimchi itself there, but hell...make your own.

Seriously, get pickling.

Good korean grocery store in Flores on Calle Moron between cuenca and campaña. I buy sushi grade salmon from there.
Lots of korean restaurants in this area.

I've bought Kim chee twice from China town and it was just awful......They sell it in bags in the grocery stores. I wouldn't buy it....Try making your own and make me some too ! : )

There are some good youtube videos:

http://youtu.be/0sX_wDCbeuU

Back