Desperately Seeking To Borrow

Alicia karr

Registered
Hi folks. I am a dedicated Apple Addict and unfortunately my last functioning iPhone/iPad charger is barely charging. I will be going to the US in 10 days for a visit and will buy new ones there first thing. But MEANWHILE I need something to get me by. It's the common white apple charger that charges all but the very newest iPhones and iPads. Can anyone lend me one and in exchange I will pick you up an item you need from the US apple store ?
Thanks!

Honestly I don't know what other versions may be using, but my 3GS charger consists of 2 peices:

1. A small white "wall wart" which plugs into the wall on one side, and has a female USB port on the other side.
2. A slender white cable with a male USB on one end and the proprietary male plug for the iPhone on the other end.

If you have the same style and the problem is in the cable, then yes, you pretty much need to replace that. However, if the problem is in the the little white power supply box, you could pretty much use any USB source of power. You could plug the USB end of the cable into any similar standard charger that has a USB jack on it, any computer USB port, etc.

Thanks, but I think the problem is not with the square charger (because it feels wArm when I touch it) but with the cable piece itself...gosh when I think I used to have so many extra cables laying around and now am down to one that I've taped together! Gosh I hope I can find someone with a spare to loan for just a little more than a week! I know this isn't as exciting as talking about the future of the Cepo! But it would be a supreme act of kindness that one could be well rewarded for! Thanks!

Thank you all. Due to your kindnesses my problem is solved. Till I visit the Apple store in Atlanta in two weeks. This forum is the best!

Back