Determining import duties on various products to sell to distributors and retailers

TehDeej

Registered
I am a am a sales representative selling various products here in Argentina from consumer electronics to kitchen accessories and small appliances. I do not importing myself but need to determine and analyze public prices at retail and various levels of distribution.

This week I had a very uncomfortable meeting with a new potential client. I had determined that duties on my new product were approx. 45% and the client informed me they are really about 80%. After a little more research it appears I was correct all along and either the client made a mistake or were using the confusion to their advantage in negotiating better prices.

My question is what is the most accurate and effective source to determine import duties on a given product. I can find plenty of info online, but either my Spanish is not good enough to understand it perfectly, the laws seem to change often or I find conflicting info.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

You need to ask a customs broker about this (despachante de aduana).

And a bit of advice : ask three or more despachantes de aduana and compare their answers/costs (they are not "enfants de choeur" -"kids singing in a church's choir")

French jurist said:
hey are not "enfants de choeur" -"kids singing in a church's choir"

In English we would refer to them as "Choir Boys". The term "Alter Boys" is also used, meaning the "pius" young boys who assist the priests during mass.

And I would say that NO ONE connected with ADUANA lives by the teachings of Jesus. (Not that I do either, but I'm just sayin'...)

Jajajajaja.
You know, people who make a living from importing in this country usually do this in a grey way. Investigate about Punto Darac, there is a custom place in San Luis which is used by all the big importers. Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
Jajajajaja.
You know, people who make a living from importing in this country usually do this in a grey way. Investigate about Punto Darac, there is a custom place in San Luis which is used by all the big importers. Regards

Maybe rather Justo darac ? Typo ?

Back