Devuelven La Retención De 15% En Compras En Dólares .....???

As far as I understand it, the current situation is that when you make foreign purchases on your credit card, you pay a 30% tax. This is reclaimable through your tax payments.

This new procedure allows those who are non tax payers the opportunity to reclaim this 30%. I presume you would need to jump through several hoops before convincing AFIP that you are a bona fide non tax payer.

Making an application of this type would invite AFIP into your affairs, so I assume only a few, pensioners for example, would use it.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]As far as I understand it, the current situation is that when you make foreign purchases on your credit card, you pay a 30% tax[/background]

15%, no?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Sorry, 15%. Im getting carried away with the inflation bug ![/background]

right. 30% will be NEXT month.....

Does that mean they are beginning to lift the restrictions and penalties on dollars? I guess no one knows....

Would not dream of it.

It´s an administrative nightmare to get those 15% back and this waiver is only good for a few people that normally are under the radar, not enough income to waste paper or even virtual ink on them.
It´s the summer holidays, this token ¨good news¨ might appease those who only bother reading headlines.

As usual, they´re showing you the stick to keep your eyes busy while at the same time you´ll feel the carrot being shoved up your rectum.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Expat Life 0