Dialysis in BA

rmacdon465

Registered
Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend a dialysis center that takes cash payments (forma particular) for treatments in the city? We have talked to about a dozen providers, but none will take cash. They all require either Argentine insurance, or prepaid insurance from another country.

Any recommendations are very appreciated!

I hope you find what you are looking for but I can understand the reluctance on the part of the providers. There are some well known and not entirely rare side effects of dialysis such as sepsis and peritonitis and the provider will almost certainly want to know that there is very deep funding available to back the patient's treatment.

I can't help you with your specific request, but my wife is a peritoneal dialysis patient in Córdoba. She currently gets her treatment with the supplies and boxes of liquid through the state, but when she arrived in Argentina from Perú about a year and half ago we had to pay for her treatment for a few months until her residency application went through.

I wasn't here at the time (had to wait for her to get her residency first) so I'm not sure of what the specific details were as far as how it all worked, but if there's anything I can do to help you get the info you're looking for you can send me a pm with more details if you'd like and I'll see if she can help. If she's not sure, I can ask her to ask at the hospital the next time she goes to see if they can provide any useful info. Good luck.

Back