Diego Maradona and Dubai

sergio

Registered
Can someone supply details of just what happened to Diego Maradona in Dubai? Why was he fired? Has there been any information with details of the contract he had?

From what i have seen/read he was sacked because the team he was coaching didnt preform. He still had 1 year left on his contract but they decided his services were no longer needed.

sergio said:
Can someone supply details of just what happened to Diego Maradona in Dubai? Why was he fired? Has there been any information with details of the contract he had?

Just a guess but I'd say they fired him because he showed that he's just an overbearing loudmouth jerk incapable of leading any group of men to a victory of any sort as their leader. He may have initially pitched himself well, like the chamuyero that he is, but eventually the truth came out. He may have been one of the greatest players of all-time but that doesn't translate into effective coaching and leadership. Personally, I'm surprised the polite society of Dubai even tolerated him this long.

It's true that he's rude and ignorant but how can they get away with paying him only 3 million euros when his contract calls for over 30 million euros?

"I was supposed to come here and meant to work and work hard and achieve something," Maradona said at a news conference this year. "It's not about Maradona coming here and rating him as being success or unsuccessful. My intention was not to come here and have an easy going time and spend it on the beach. I'm very happy to be here. It's a good chance for me. I believe in living in the moment."

Me, me, me, I, I, I....or more accurately...

I, Maradona, My, I'm, me, I.

sergio said:
It's true that he's rude and ignorant but how can they get away with paying him only 3 million euros when his contract calls for over 30 million euros?

Diego type variants are possible on the following two hairy old jokes .... :)

Just substitute "Maradona" for " an Argentine"

How much is an Argentine worth?
- sell him for what he says he is worth but buy him only for as much as he really is worth

How does an Argentine commit suicide?
- he climbs to the top of his ego and jumps off.

(if offended / non-pc then apologies! ) :D

LostinBA said:
Just a guess but I'd say they fired him because he showed that he's just an overbearing loudmouth jerk incapable of leading any group of men to a victory of any sort as their leader. He may have initially pitched himself well, like the chamuyero that he is, but eventually the truth came out. He may have been one of the greatest players of all-time but that doesn't translate into effective coaching and leadership. Personally, I'm surprised the polite society of Dubai even tolerated him this long.

That was hilarious!

Bajo_cero2 said:
He improved a lot, he used to talk about himself like him...

Hahaha. So true! A few years back I listened to a TV program where he was talking about himself in third person. For a moment I thought my Spanish was getting rusty and I have forgotten the basic verb rules.

It must be hard for his ego... from being the best player to become one of the worst coach ever. If you failed in Dubai... there is no place to run.

nicoenarg said:
That was hilarious!

Yes, to tell you the truth, I'm assuming they're polite. Never been there so don't really know. You lived there correct?

Back