Differences In Threads

Redbeanz

Registered
I've never understood why some offensive or potentially offensive posts and threads are removed, while some threads remain, with a "this topic is locked" designation. Admin? Or anyone? Have been curious about this and would appreciate insight. Admin, please don't be offended by my question, but consider it a chance to help forum members better understand how things work. I fully understand that I don't own this forum, so am not suggesting any new rules: just would appreciate a better understanding of the existing rules and norms.

The thread "Is Argentina a Normal Country?", with its tangent into the craziness of current U.S. politics, was quite interesting until Jake Ben enhanced his forum debut with a lunatic rant that made one wonder whether he is actually being given his meds in proper doses.

Was that what caused the topic to be blocked? Why blocked rather than removed? Or did this have nothing to do with that post, but resulted from the nature of the political discussion? I'm truly seeking enlightenment, not criticizing, and I think others might also benefit from knowing instead of speculating. Please do respond? Thanks !

More likely some lunatic will come up with a theory that the threads got closed because of Macri the dictator... ;)

Maybe because I, in a tounge in cheek manner, suggested we forward crazy ben's threat to become a suicide bomber and assassinate Hillary Clinton to the secret service. Maybe the mods wanted to leave it up in case they came looking there were probably enough keywords to alert an NSA spider.

Regardless of crazy ben's undeniable craziness, I quite enjoyed that post about the non sexual, testicle cancer preventing, ball licking. I read that while drunk and I was almost crying I was laughing so hard.

Redbeanz:
I completely agree with you.I was about to answer Canberiu's latest post when I found the thread locked.I still insist that the strengthening of democratic priciples and pluralistic acceptance of different peoples and ideas will win over Trump's ravings but I was not given the chance to post it.
In Parque Lezama we have an Kirchnerite example of totalitarianism still going on.
La Campora every Saturday for years has set up a tent with loudspeakers plus huge flags of Nestor & Cristina and banners reading of all things "Templanza"----Temperance" when their take over of the entrance to the park is anything but that.I am a taxpayer but not an Argentine citizen.So I am very careful as not to begin a protest group.However,last Sat.some Argie neighbors were talking about it .Kirchnerism is not now the national gov't Where are the funds coming from to pay for this show and occupying the entrance to a beautiful public park?

Redbeanz:
I completely agree with you.I was about to answer Canberiu's latest post when I found the thread locked.I still insist that the strengthening of democratic priciples and pluralistic acceptance of different peoples and ideas will win over Trump's ravings but I was not given the chance to post it.
I'm glad you weren't given the chance mate, since the thread had absolutely zilch to do with that prick Trump, which is probably why it got got locked.
If anyone wants to talk about that Richard Cranium, start your own thread.

Back