Different forum software

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi folks,

We are planning to change the forum software this site runs on. Our last big upgrade was in 2008 and a lot of things have changed since then. I believe that it is the people who make the forum and not the software, but having an enjoyable experience is important. So, we are trying to use the best possible software available.

We will be switching to a different product, so there will be many changes. It will be pretty easy to figure out how to do basic things, such as creating topics and posts. For more advanced stuff, it should be possible to find an equivalent of the functionality that we currently have. I am going to create a temporary forum to specifically address these situations and to facilitate the migration.

I hope that I can count on your support during this change. We are trying to mimic the current forum look to some extent, but hopefully you will not be too upset that some buttons, links and blocks will have moved around. All the posts, private messages, user settings that we have accumulated over last 7 years will still be available on the site.

The change will take place over this weekend. I cannot give a more specific timeframe at the moment.

In the meantime, it would be very helpful if you could link to our home page: http://baexpats.org. (Links to internal pages will change, but we are going to provide redirects).

I am looking forward to the change. We have a very special place here. With your help and upcoming improvements the site is going to be even better.

Back