Difficult Desicion

sleslie23

Registered
So, some of you may remember me asking about working in Uruguay a few months ago. That didn't pan out, but instead turned into a job offer in Austin, TX. I just signed the offer letter earlier today and will be leaving Argentina at the end of February.

It was one of the most difficult decisions of my life, and was primarily made because I am sick of my current employer. Obviously inflation / exchange is an issue, but I could always have cut expenses, etc. The new opportunity will be good, but I really don't like having to leave Argentina. I'll just use this as a stepping stone to figure out how to come back, preferable being paid in dollars.

And I've already arranged to work from Argentina a "few weeks" or so per year, so it's not a clean break.

I'll still be around BAExpats, and since I don't know any of you personally, you won't even know the difference. :lol:

It does sound like a tough decision. I think many or most of us consider this option from time to time. Best of luck with your new path, and glad to hear you'll still be active on the forum because I enjoy your posts.

Austin is a great town... traffic is a nightmare now a days but it is such a fun cool music town...keep Austin weird.....good luck!!!

You appear to have mobility and I would guess that you are in IT. So don't worry you be moving allot and Argentina is not one of the 5 hardest places to say good bye too.

Back